Unexpected Surprise

25, another year gone and another year older. Kyra was excited for her birthday. She loved the gifts, the party and the attention. This year she would spend it with her Central City family. 

The morning of her birthday she awoke to the vibration of her phone. Her phone illuminated with social media tributes from some of her celebrity friends, posts from fans and messages from family. One message caught her attention:

Central City Marina 9pm 

From Oliver and Thea

The next message was from Barry: Happy Birthday, come to Star Labs after work. xx

The day went by very quickly. She had a lunch for her employees to celebrate and a free dark chocolate mocha curtesy of Iris and her office decorated by her assistant. Even at her board meeting, everyone wished her a happy birthday. She was flattered, she loved the spotlight and was loving the attention she got online. 

At the end of the day Kyra received a package from Harry Winston and Cartier, her eyes widened at as she realised what it was and that it had finally come. She picked up the package and made her way into her black Ferrari  and headed towards Star Labs. 

5pm, 4 hours until I have to get to the Marina. 

Kyra grabbed the package from the passenger seat and headed into the lab. When she entered, she noticed the lights were off and there was only a small trail of lights on the floor creating a path towards the Cortex. She proceeded with caution as she placed her package into her handbag. 

The Cortex was  dark and the sound of light footsteps could only just be heard. As she entered and turned on the lights, Barry, Cisco and Caitlin were there and the room was decorated with balloons and streamers. 

"Happy Birthday!" They all shouted. Kyra raised her hands in fighting ready position but instantly relaxed as she realised what her friends had done. Her face lit up happiness and her smile was wider than the cheshire cat.

"Oh my gosh. You guys are the best!" She said running into a massive group hug.

"Actually, it was all Barry's idea" Caitlin said. Kyra faced Barry and she could see a slight blush creep onto his face. 

The four of them sat on the ground in a circle and passed their gifts to Kyra. 

From Cisco, a jagged end, dark green mask. Kyra looked him in confusion. 

"I took your old mask and used the same technology that allows you to change you hair and skin tone, into a more cooler design and that fits your face better." Cisco explained. 

"Thank you, it's amazing." Kyra said as she hugged Cisco. 

From Caitlin, she handed Kyra a small velvet box and inside was a gold ring in the form of a snake that perfectly wrapped around Kyra's little finger, the eyes of the snake were that perfect emerald green. 

For Barry's gift to her, he ushered her over to the Flash suit were it was dressed over the mannikin. Placed next to it was her Viper suit. 

"I thought I'd make a place for Viper considering that you're officially apart of team Flash." He said, he turned to see Kyra looking at her suit and a small tear ran down her cheek. Barry instantly panicked. 

"I love it so much. Thank you Barry." She said pulling him into a hug. His tense muscles relaxed and wrapped his arms around her waist.  The warmth of his body radiated onto Kyra as she closed her eyes and relaxed into him. 

"Also Oliver asked us to bring you to the marina." He said. Pulling out of the hug.

"Oh yeah I have to be there at 9." Looking the time she realised that after all the excitement it was 8pm. She put the ring back into the box and pulled out the larger package of her bag to make room. 

"What's in the box?" Cisco asked picking it up and shaking it. 

"No don't shake it." He slowly put the box down and backed away a little. 

"What's in their is worth over 5 million dollars" She said. They all looked dumbstruck at her. She carefully unwrapped the box and removed the soft padding revealing a crown. 

"I got some the family jewels that were passed on to me and had them custom made by Harry Winston and Cartier into a crown." She explained as she showed them the jewel encrusted and gold crown. 

"Why do you need a crown?" Cisco asked. She just looked at him.

"Because I'm a Queen." She said in a duh tone. 

Barry chuckled lightly and her comment and Caitlin shook her head in laughter. 

9pm arrived and the four had made there way down the marina. There on the dock stood Oliver, Kyra ran up to her brother and wrapped him into a hug. 

"Happy Birthday GG" Oliver said.

She thanked him as Caitlin, Cisco and Barry joined them on the docks.

"What are we waiting for?" Kyra asked. 

"You'll see." Oliver said, his poker face stared off at an upcoming yacht. As it came closer Kyra's eyes widened as they begin to water. Queen's Gambit

" Is that-"

"Yes it's Dad's boat. Mum had it hidden and restored in a warehouse, and considering you were the closest to Dad, Thea and I wanted you to have it." Oliver said. Kyra wiped away  the tears that come down her red cheeks. As the boat pulled up, the crew members handed Kyra the keys and the group went on board. Kyra's hands brushed over the pictures of her and her family but stopped at one of her and her father when they first bought the boat. Barry came over and put an arm over her shoulder pulling her into a side hug. She then removed his arm and laced their fingers together and walked back over to Oliver , letting go of Barry's hand, she hugged her brother and thanked him in a faint whisper. 

They left the boat and stood at the group of cars parked at the marina. 

"Are you staying in Central?" Barry asked. 

"No, I'm headed back to Starling I have some business to take care of." He said

He then walked over to Kyra and hugged her and kissed her headed. 

"Stay out of trouble GG." He said pulling away. 

"Will do. Love you." She said

"Love you too." He said stepping onto his motor bike and drove away. Caitlin and Cisco had left leaving Barry and Kyra at the marina. Kyra just stood there and admired the yacht. 

She turned to face Barry and motioned him to the Ferrari. 

"Let's go home." She said. 

They arrived back at Kyra's place, as she changed Barry sat at the end of her bed. As she came out of her bathroom in her pjs Barry immediately stood up. She can closer to him. Their faces so close that they could all most touch. 

"Thank you for an amazing day." She said quietly.

"Anytime" He whispered back. His eyes flickered on her lips as they both started to lean in closer till their lips moulded together in a hot fiery kiss. 

Merry Christmas! Thank you for reading this book and have a great New Year xx

flash_lightning23