Chapter 4~ Getting to Know You

Over the past few days, Kyra had gotten to know Barry a bit more. And Barry got to know Kyra a bit more. He knew her well enough to know that she never got to eat lunch when she worked. So, being that amazing person that Barry Allen his, he decided to surprise Kyra at the office with lunch.

Barry roamed the streets looking for the massive skyscraper with Queen Empire plastered on it. He bumped into several rushing pedestrians earning him unpleasant comments thrown back in his face. He paid them no intention and kept soldiering on.

Barry reached the building. Stepping in his eyes opened wide in amazement. He couldn't believe that Kyra had created all of this at such a young age. He was wildly impressed that one person could build an entire empire. Barry snuck past the security guards and super sped up the stairs searching for Kyra's office.

Her office was floored with black marble floors and white slate pillars. Her office completely surrounded by glass. The vast stretch of glass window wrapped around the whole level, allowing an amazing view of Central City, probably the best Barry had ever seen. Barry went over to Kyra's intern assistant, she showed him into Kyra's office.

"Hey! I didn't know you were coming in." She said with a surprised tone in voice, she was really happy to see him.

"Thought I would bring you lunch." He said as he revealed the bag of Thai food from behind his back. She threw her head back in laughter

Over that one lunch, Barry had learnt so much about Kyra. One thing he discovered about her was that she was a player. An unfortunate trait she had picked up from her brother that managed its way to the surface of her personality that had only surfaced in the past few years. 

"So what do you think of Iris?" Barry asked intriguingly.

"Yeah, she's umm... Perky" Kyra said struggling to find the right word. Barry looked down at the floor blushing.

"You love her don't you?" She said looking at Barry, she was reading his body language for an answer.

"You know what I think?"

"Umm... ok." Barry mumbled, a bit confused as to why Kyra had an opinion on the matter.

"I think you want to love, because she knows you. And loving someone else means potentially opening yourself up to them and you're scared they won't like what you have to say. Iris knows you and loving her means that you won't have to open yourself up to her." She stated very boldly. Barry thought about this. Was that true? Was he too scared to open up? And why did Kyra care so much?

"So I haven't met any of your other friends. You know, Caitlin and Cisco? You always talk about them and I want to meet them." Quickly changing the subject matter.

"Haha! Yeah how about we all do something later?" Barry suggested

"Yeah ok. Why don't you all come round to my place around 5?"

"That would be great." And with that Kyra wrote down her address and gave it to Barry as he left. She sat back in her leather chair thinking about what just happened. She felt safe with Barry. She felt something that she hadn't felt before, something she hadn't felt towards someone else, something that didn't make sense to her.

Star Labs

Barry entered the Cortex, finding Cisco working on The Flash suit and Caitlin on the computers.

"Hey guys, a friend of mine wants to meet you guys? You in?" Barry cut to point.

"Does this friend happen to be a billionaire, tall and brunette with amazing blue eyes?" Caitlin asked suspiciously, questioning Barry's motives.