Chapter 6~ Gaining Trust

"So are you in?" Barry said. Kyra was thinking.

"I'm in. But I have conditions." She stated.

"Shoot"

"1. You keep my identity a secret from your team."

"2. I'll give you this to communicate with me" She handed him a phone

"3. I do it my way." She stated.

"Deal." Barry confirmed.

Later

Barry and Joe were up in the CCPD crime lab when Eddie came in.

"Darbinian crime family, mass homicide." He briefly stated. And with that, the three were off to the crime scene.

The scene was a mess, dead bodies lay around the table and the police were doing their best to stop reporters and the public getting in. As hard as they tried, one person got in.

"Excuse me Miss Queen, you are not permitted to be here." Eddie stated sharply.

"Well when there is a mass murder in your restaurant I would expect you to be there." She sassed.

"Of course this your restaurant." Eddie rolled his eyes. Kyra smirked back and crossed under the police tape.

"Oh dam. The Darbinian family. They threw a great 4th of July party." She signed. Everyone looked at her.

"What it's true!" They all focused their attention back on Barry.

"What if the gas had a mind of its own?" Barry questioned, not realising he thought out loud. Joe walked over to Barry in a rush, trying to not seem suspicious. Kyra looked at Barry, he gave her a look as if to say, explain later

"I need to take a lung sample to identify the gas" He said, taking off his gloves and stating to walk out.

"Can I come with?" Kyra asked.

"Umm... Sure" Barry answered.

CCPD Lab

Kyra sat in Barry's lab. Completely bored she stood up and wondered over to Barry.

"You know if you replace the V6 bolt with an A12 bolt, your mass spec will run 3 times faster." She stated, observing the machine. Barry looked up in shock, he was wildly impressed.

"I do have a masters in engineering" she obviously stated. Barry nodded with a smile forming on his face and moved onto analysing a tissue sample under a microscope.

"So what's with the gas having a mind of its own?"

"Uh- when the particle accelerated blew up, people were affected. They gained powers, we call them meta-humans." He explained.

"Ok, so you would be considered a meta-human?"

"Yeah." Kyra nodded understandingly.

"Wow.. This is impossible. There are 2 different tissue samples coming from one person." Kyra moved over to Barry.

"Can I see?" He nodded. Kyra moved over to him and sat on his lap, pulling her hair to one side exposing her neck. Barry was flustered, he got butterflies in his stomach. Her sweet scent of jasmine and mint filled his senses. He subconsciously put his hands around her waist.  She noticed this and put her free hand on top of his. Kyra had a soft smile on her face. She turned to face Barry, their eyes locked. But the moment was ruined by Joe and Caitlin walking in.

"I um- got to go." Kyra said quickly grabbing her bag and exiting. Barry's eyes followed her.

"Were we interrupting something?" Joe asked, raising his eyebrows.