Training With Viper pt.2

Since Viper and The Flash first encountered the 'man of steel', the team learnt that he had a name. Tony Woodward, Barry's childhood bully.

"That is seriously messed up." Cisco expressed.

"I had a childhood nemesis. Lexi La Roche. She used to put gum in my hair." Caitlin said.

"Jake Puckett. If I didn't let him copy my homework he'd give me a swirly." Cisco said, as he remembered his childhood.

Kyra waltzed in and went to stand next to Barry, his arm lingering on her waist. The warmth of his hand caused her cheeks to turn a slight shade of pink. Cisco and Caitlin looked at each other and smirked.

"What are we talking about?" She asked

"How Barry's childhood nemesis is now an evil meta-human" Cisco exaggerated

"Ooo... That's got to suck."

"Did you have a childhood nemesis?" Caitlin asked. The group moved in a bit closer towards Kyra.

"Not really. Some guy in my class was obsessed with me and was taking photos of me like those creepy stalker photos and one day I saw him. The day after that he tried to push me down the stairs, then he learnt that you never mess with a Queen and I never saw him again."

"What happened to him?" Cisco asked, now intrigued with the story.

"The police never found his body." Kyra said with a flat face.

Cisco's eyes widened with shock and fear. He couldn't tell if she was joking or telling the truth. Kyra turned to Barry, she put both hands on his chest and looked up to him.

"Ready to train?"

"Umm, yeah let's do this." His voice was shaky. They exited out of the Cortex and headed to the training room.

"You were kidding about the body right?" Cisco yelled after her.

She just laughed to herself as she walked down the hall with Barry. The sound of her laugh caused Barry's face to light up, they both felt a warmth in their bodies appear whenever they were with each other. He looked down at Kyra who was still laughing at Cisco and a small smile formed on his face.

Kyra and Cisco had gone to the trouble of setting up a boxing rink, sparring dummies and a matted area for meditation. Everything was in place for Barry and Kyra's training session.

"You ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." He stated with a lack of confidence. Cisco joined the two as they headed towards the sparring dummies.

"Behold! I call him Girder." Cisco said proudly.

"For the record, not my idea." Caitlin and Kyra said. Kyra slowly move around the object.

"Fighting is physics. It's not about strength. It's not about size. It's about energy and power." Cisco explained. Kyra could already predict is wasn't going to work.

"Channel your speed the right way and you can totally take this bad boy down. Now obviously your Girder is a moving target."

"So I have ice and bandages standing by." Kyra and Caitlin moved to the side as Barry tried to take down the moving sparring dummy. He fell to ground grasping his shoulder in pain.

"I'm pretty sure I just dislocated my shoulder." Kyra moved towards him as he sat up and popped his shoulder back into place.

"Ok, now that we have discovered this thing doesn't work, we going to do this my way."

Kyra lead Barry into the middle of the room, she swapped her shirt for a loose Nike crop top and tied her show laces.

"The first thing you need to do is focus your mind and your body." She put on light boxing gloves and then passed some to Barry.

"Punch me." She said.

"What, I can't do that."

"Yes you can. Punch me and I'll stop you."

"Stop me? You can't stop me." She raised her eyebrows. She got into defensive position as Barry started to speed punch her. She focused her mind on the sounds and the patterns of the attacks. Kyra lifted her right hand and knocked down Barry in one go. Although she didn't have super speed, she was still able to kick his ass.

Barry fell to the ground in pain rubbing his jaw. Kyra went to help him up.

"See. You need to focus your mind." She said twirling the end of her ponytail.

"Let's try Girder again, this time focus your mind." Kyra said.

Barry attacked girder again. But failed once again. He fell to the ground in pain, Caitlin and Cisco helped him onto the medical bed. Kyra came and sat at the foot of the bed facing Barry.

"We'll work on that." She said placing a hand on his thigh.

"This is going to be quick but extremely painful." Caitlin said tending to his shoulder that had dislocated once again. His phone rang.

"Oh, speaking of pain. Eddie, hey."

"Great. I'll see you in a sec."

"They found the Humvee" He explained.

"So Barry, when you said you were off-duty last night, you weren't visiting Iris again.
You know, in disguise? Cause that would be reckless and a little creepy." Caitlin insinuated

"No."

"Good." Caitlin walked off leaving Kyra and Barry.

"Really" Kyra said raising her eyebrows

"What?"

"You're a terrible liar Barry." She laughed.

"And you're a good one?"

"Mmm. Yes and no. I'm more brutally honest." She replied as she stepped away to change.

He laughed. She walked back over to him but this time standing right by his side.

"I have to go. I have an assistant to yell at." Kyra sighed. She lent down and kissed his cheek running her hand through his damp mangled hair.

He nodded as she walked out. He couldn't help but love the feeling he got when she was with him. Her single touch made him blush and the way her face lit up when she laughed and the way she so brutal but in a totally badass and kind way.

He loved all of it.