Chapter 13~ Acquaintances

"No the Red Devil has to be someone from 1995 Kappa." Kyra protested.

She and Barry had gotten into a deep argument over Scream Queens. He claimed the Red Devil was one of the students and she thought, well quite the opposite. They sat cross legged on the couch facing each other, both laughing hard from realizing how random the argument was.

"So why did you want become a CSI?" Kyra asked.

"When my Mum died, I wanted to make sure that innocent people didn't get the blame for something they didn't do." He answered. She nodded understandingly.

"Why become a CEO?" He asked her.

"Sought of the same reason as you. I wanted to give the Queen name a good reputation and honour my father." She said.

"Didn't your brother give it a good name?" Barry asked, Kyra's eye brows raised in shock.

"Have you seen his police record? He was known for altercations with paparazzi and sleeping with models. When I was younger people would come up to me and say, 'Hey aren't you Oliver Queens little sister?' no one knew who I was, they only knew Oliver." She answered deeply.

"Wow."

"What was it like living with Joe and Iris?" she asked.

"It was hard but I got used to living with them. Joe is like a father to me."

"And you and Iris like siblings?"

"Yeah I guess." He sighed.

"Up until recently I had a huge crush on her, but she only sees me as a friend and she has Eddie."

"Recently? Why the sudden change in feelings?" She asked secretly hoping it was because of her.

"Umm... There maybe this girl I have feelings for." He started blushing and looking at the pillow in his lap.

"Oh um speaking of Iris, she wants you to apologize to Eddie." He said changing the subject.

"Why! I did nothing wrong." She protested. Heavily sighing, sinking into the cushion of the couch.

"At the trivia you said 'we can't all be smart'" Barry reminded her.

"I didn't mean it as an insult, I only tell the truth because I hate lies. And that happened to be the truth." She said defensively.

"Also Eddie has it out for me."

Barry laughed a bit at that last comment.

"Please just apologize. For me." She thought about this. Why did Barry what her to do it for him? His emerald green eyes formed into puppy dog eyes and he pouted his lips.

"Okay. Fine..." She sighed in defeat. How could she resist Barry!

"This reminds me of the time my mother found out I got a tattoo and then I faked getting it removed." She laughed. Barry titled his head and smiled.

"You have a tattoo?"

She nodded, turned around and lifted her jersey, stopping below her bra. There in jet black cursive writing read Queen with a crown above the double e. She also took her right slipper off revealing a kanji with dates written underneath it above her ankle bone.

"What does that mean?" Barry asked, running his fingers over the tattoo.

"It means Honour. The dates are when Dad died." She said, her voice changed into a saddened tone as she looked down at her ankle. Barry instantly embraced her in a hug. His body was warm with his arms tight around her body. She buried her head deep into him.

"Will you carry me to bed?" She whispered. Barry looked down at her and smiled. He lifted her up from the couch and walked up the giant stair case and entered her bedroom. He lowered her body on the king sized bed.

As Kyra felt her body hit the mattress she extended her arm to her bead side table and grabbed a white teddy bear with ruby red ribbon tied around its neck.

"Why sleep with a bear?"

"So I don't feel lonely"

Seconds later, Kyra fell into a deep sleep. Barry knelt down beside her and kissed her forehead, before leaving he pulled the blankets over her and sped home.

Next day

As much as she didn't want to apologize, she promised Barry she would. She walked into Jitters and swanned over to Barry, Eddie and Iris.

Eddie stood up in front of her. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and focused on what she was going to say.

"I'm- Kyra Queen. Nope that's not it." She said, realizing that wasn't the apology.

Attempted number two, "Im- argh..." She turned around and rubber her eyes.

"My mouth is a little dry." She grabbed some water, then cringed tasting the sparkling water.

"Argh ok, I'm sor- nope" Attempt number 3.

She walked outside. And gave herself a pep talk.

"You can do this. It's just two words. Your Kyra Queen, Kyra Queen can do anything."

The three watched in amazement as Kyra paced up and down the side walk talking to herself.

She walked back inside towards them.

She took a deep breath and looked at Eddie.

"I'm sor-"She still couldn't do it.

"Oh my god!" Iris exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry okay" She finally blurted out.

"Friends?" Eddie asked.

"I'll settle with acquaintances." Kyra compromised. They shook hands and Eddie left.

Barry wrapped an arm around Kyra and pulled her into a side hug.

"You suck at apologizing." He laughed and so did Kyra.