then and now

may 9th 2070

ariana and calum closed the book, tears in both of their eyes. they had lived the best life that they possibly could have. it was the day they met all those years ago, and they had the same routine every single year, thinking back to the day that it all started for them.

it was emotional for them, looking back at all of the happy memories they shared with one another.

since then, ariana and calum had another baby - a little boy. it was three years after emily was born and they decided to call him jacob john hood.

both of their children had grown up and started their own family, emily had three boys while jacob had two girls and a boy.

ariana and calum were both still in good health, hoping that nothing bad would happen to any of them because frankly - none of them could live without the other.

"i can't believe how perfect you made my life. i can never thank you enough for coming into the restaurant that one day." ariana said as calum came and sat on the sofa beside her, they held onto each other's hand tightly.

calum still thought that ariana was the most beautiful woman we had ever laid eyes on, even though she was seventy-four years old.

"no i should thank you, for coming over and listening to my problems, where would we be if i had continued walking out and you didn't stop me?" he asked, as he thought about his own question.

calum often did think about how different his life could have turned out if it wasn't for the cold, wet night which he thought at the time was the worst night of his life. he never thought that years later if someone asked him what the best day of his life was, it would be 9th may 2015 without a single thought.

although they didn't have an awful long time left, calum and ariana were going to make sure that they spent every last minute trying to make the other happy.

it was going to forever be,

ariana and calum.

----------

LE END 

i hope you all enjoyed this short book and i thought this was a really cute way to end it - thank you to everyone who read, voted and commented, it really means so much!! 

all the love, sarah x