meeting friends

november 20th 2015

it had been around three weeks since calum and ariana had started dating, and he thought it would be the perfect time to introduce her to his three best friends.

for any boy, it is very important that your bestfriends like and approve of your girlfriend but calum knew that they were going to love her just as much as he did - well maybe not as much.

ariana and calum had been friends for around six months but for some reason other friends never really came into the equation because they were both too interested in each other to even ask about anyone else.

calum had just picked ariana up from her home and they were on their way to ashton irwin's house where the three boys were all waiting for them.

calum could tell that ariana was very nervous, and he understood that he probably would be if he was in her situation, meeting her three best friends. but she honestly had nothing to worry about, his three  friends would accept anyone that made calum happy, that's all they really wanted for each other and they would always support the others in anything they did.

"ariana, calm down. i promise you, they act the same as me." calum smiled over at her, gently setting his hand on her thigh to stop her from bouncing her legs up and down every few seconds.

"i know, but that doesn't help. i always get nervous when i meet new people, you know how shy i get sometimes." she muttered as she put her hand on top of calum's intertwining them.

calum did know about ariana's social anxiety, the first time she met his mother she had a break down at the front door before she entered, calum had to take her back to his car and talk to her for half an hour before she calmed down and was ready to go in. as soon as she got talking to joy for a few minutes, she was laughing and acting like they knew each other for years. calum knew that she was going to be okay tonight, and he was never going to force her into doing something that she didn't want to do.

they finally pulled up at their destination and ariana took a deep breath before opening the door quickly and closing it behind her. she was going to get this over and done with - sooner rather than later.

ariana walked over to calum's side, where he grabbed her hand and guided them to the front door, opening it and walking in like it was his own home.

"calum! that was rude." ariana whisper shouted in his ear, but calum just laughed and began to walk up the set of stairs.

"trust me, this is like a second home. i come here anytime i can't listen to my family argue." he confessed which made ariana squeeze his hand just a little tighter than she was before.

when they entered a bedroom, ariana seen three guys glued to the playstation, playing fifa - a game that ariana was quite good at .

they all looked up at the same time when calum cleared his throat. their eyes shifted from ariana to calum a moment before they all jumped up and took it in turns to introduce themselves.

"hi there, im ashton but you can call me ash. it's lovely to meet you and i'm so glad calum has finally found someone." he smiled happily, even showing his perfect dimples by doing so.

"hi, ariana right?" the blonde asked as he put out his hand for ariana to shake which she gladly did, as she nodded her head, "i'm luke. calum can't stop talking about you. it's disgustingly cute." he grinned

"and the best until last," the next guy with his hair dyed red said as he put his arms around ariana's small body, giving her a bone crushing hug, "i'm michael."

they all laughed as ariana's cheeks began to turn red, "was that fifa you guys were playing?" ariana decided to ask to start up a conversation - she was normally awkward and would stay quiet unless someone spoke to her but for some reason she felt more confident with these guys than she thought, maybe because calum was by her side.

"yes! and i'm winning against both of them, they are both shit." luke said as he looked at both boys to see what their reaction would be, ashton just rolled his eyes as michael gave him the fingers.

"i bet i could beat you." ariana bravely said, which even surprised calum as she was acting a lot more confident that he thought she would be.

luke laughed for a few moments before looking back at ariana to see that she wasn't joking in the slightest, "are you being serious?" luke asked

"yes, i'm being one hundred percent serious." ariana said she she gave her coat to calum and walked over to grab one of the controllers.

luke followed her and grabbed the other one, setting up the game. luke chose to be man united, while ariana was man city.

let's just say luke got beat, by a lot.