Chapter 9

Derek woke up to Stiles sleeping on his chest nestled beside him. Derek slowly got out of bed trying not to wake Stiles. He walks out of their room and quietly shuts the door. He finds that Scott is the only one awake just scrolling away on his phone. Scott looks up and smiles at Derek.
"Thanks Derek." Scott said.
"For what?" He replied.
"Taking care of my best friend. I really mean it. He seems happier than he has ever been. So thank you." Scott says taking a bite of a red juicy apple to only realize how hungry he is and that their conversation had woke everyone else up. Derek basically feeling the hunger from Scott he says, "I'll make pancakes for everyone. Is the okay with you guys?" The pack answered in agreement. Stiles had finally woken up to the fresh smell of chocolate chip pancakes and laughter. He walked out of the room seeing Derek over the stove and the rest of the pack huddled over the island counter. Stiles walks over to Derek and wraps his arms around him. Derek looked back and saw Stiles' sleepy smile. The one he loves. Stiles greeted him with a kiss and walked over to the pack.
"Hey look who's finally awake." Lydia said smiling and making everyone turn their heads to Stiles.
"Hey buddy!" Scott said excited to Stiles who just sat down next to him.
"Hey." He answered. Derek brought out everyone's pancakes and sat himself next to Stiles. Derek handed Stiles a cup of coffee. Just the way he liked it. They ate in peace enjoying the flavor. Afterwards, the pack left leaving Stiles and Derek. Derek walked over to Stiles and hugged him hard. Stiles laughed and his face turned red because of the tight grip around him. Derek let go seeing Stiles' tomato face but mostly because of the growl he heard outside his loft. He pushed Stiles back but only for him to come running back.
"Derek, what's wrong."
"Stiles, go in my room, lock the door, go in the bathroom and lock that door now!" Stiles knew something was wrong but remained standing next to Derek. At 12:27 the sun hit the clouds and hid behind. Derek and Stiles started arguing. The loft went dark and they were too distracted to notice that a pair of glowing eyes entered the den. Derek stopped arguing and shifted.
"Stiles! Get back! Now!" Stiles still stood there like he could protect himself from whatever just entered. Derek got very angry and eventually pushed Stiles back, he couldn't help it. Stiles landed in Derek's room hitting his head on Derek night stand. The door was still open and he saw the glowing eyes. That's it. That's the eyes he saw in the den the other night. Stiles falling in and out of consciousness trying to focus on what is happening around him. Stiles doesn't know if what he is seeing is true but he tries to make sure Derek was okay. Finally, Stiles saw the glowing eyes step out of the darkness and Stiles knows right away who it is. Those are Isaacs eyes. Stiles finally drifts off, darkness taking over.

Stiles finds himself in a dream. Him, Derek, his dad, and his mom. Just sitting at the dinner table in Stiles' house. Stiles opens his mouth to speak but finds that nothing comes out. Derek looks up and looks back down and continued eating. Stiles kept trying to talk. Nothing would come out. He tapped his moms shoulder confused on why she's there in the first place. She opens her mouth to speak but again nothing came out. Stiles ran into the bathroom confused and angry. He grabbed the bottle of aspirin and took two out. He grabbed a cup from under the sink and filled it with sink water. Now that Stiles was thinking about it, he couldn't hear anything. He thought maybe he is deaf but why. He threw the aspirin down his throat and took out two cotton swabs. He used them to clean his ears. He still couldn't hear. He ran out of the bathroom and started crying. His father started saying something and of course he couldn't hear him. Derek walked over to him to clam him down a bit. Stiles wasn't having it. He was mad and confused. That's when he finally heard something. The front door had opened. From behind Derek's shoulder he saw Isaac and tried to scream but it was too late. Isaac had sunk his teeth into Derek's neck. That's when Stiles blacked out again.

Stiles woke up for real this time to see he was in Scotts bed. He felt his cheeks. They were wet. He figured he was crying. He sat up to see Scott and Deaton by his side. Scott rushed over to him.
"Stiles, are you okay? What happened? I mean I know what happened, Derek took you here bu-"
"Derek took me here?" Stiles said cutting off Scott.
"Yeah. You were screaming the whole time you were out."
"How long was I out?" Stiles asked, scared of the answer.
"About two days. I was worried. What happened in your dream? You wouldn't stop screaming."
That's when Stiles realized that the reason he couldn't hear was because his screams were muffling out everyone's words. Stiles didn't answer.
"Where's Derek?" He asked instead.
"I don't know. I haven't seen him since he dropped you off here. No one has. And Isaac hasn't been at school at all."
"Isaac?"
"Yeah."
"I'm going to find Derek." Stiles insisted.
"No your going to find this place called school. Stiles please you can look for him after okay."
"Fine." Stiles said irritated.
Scott drove them to school in Stiles' jeep because he was complaining of a head ache. Stiles went the whole day wondering and worrying about Derek. He texted him about 100 times and got no response. When the bell rang Stiles darted out of his classroom and was the first one out of the school parking lot. He sped past stop signs to Derek's house. He finally pulled up to the loft and got out of this car. Stiles rushed to the door and opened it. Revealing Derek on the floor, covered in blood.