Chapter 2

Stiles visited Derek pretty often. Most times after school, if he didn't have lacrosse practice or have to be home for dinner with his dad, John. They just talked about everything and opened up to each other. Until one question changed their lives forever.
"I remember what it's like being in high school. Everyone liked me." Derek said. Stiles scoffed. "So I told you about Paige, now, who do you like I guess." Derek said awkwardly at the mention of Paige.
Stiles thought about it. He just turned and looked into Derek's pale green eyes and answered with "I'm not sure."
"What does that mean." Derek asked.
"Well, I mean, I'm never going to get a chance with Lydia so she's off the table. I don't know. I think I'm starting to like someone who I probably shouldn't like." Stiles reassured.
"Lydia? Well I mean I guess. I don't like girls anymore so." Derek blurted out.
That right there made Stiles think. Hard. Was he? Is he? No way.
"So who do you think you like 'but you probably shouldn't'?" Derek quoted Stiles.
You could tell he wanted to know. Why was it so important to him? Stiles thought maybe Derek might actually like him. Were gay guys attracted to him? I'll ask Scott later, Stiles thought. "You know...just a special person." Stiles playfully hit Derek's shoulder. Derek looked into Stiles whiskey brown eyes and listened to his heartbeat. It was racing faster than normal.
"Okay." Derek finished.
"Yep." Stiles felt intimidated. Stiles went home thinking things through. That there isn't anyway possible that Derek is attracted to him. Is there a possible way I'm attracted to him? No because I like Lydia. But now I think of it...not so much. But I'm not gay. Am I?
No I can't be, Stiles thought.
"Dad, do you think guys can be attracted to me?" Stiles asks?
"Son, you're not gay." Sheriff said.
"I could be."
"Not dressed like that." Sheriff protested.
Stiles walked away. The next day Stiles didn't really want to go to Derek's house. He wanted to see him. A lot actually but he thought that he didn't want to make it obvious that he made up his mind. He likes Derek. Stiles throws on his heavy red coat and goes for a walk. It eventually starts raining. Stiles just throws his hood on. But soon enough he was deep in the woods where anything and anyone could have an eye on him. Stiles thought about turning back but didn't. Soon enough he regretted that decision. He made contact with red glowing eyes. Anyone, werewolf or not could hear his heart beating aloud. It creeped closer and closer. Stiles was shocked with fear and didn't move. Until out of no where a black wolf appears in front of Stiles. Derek...