25. Jealousy?

Começar do início

"I do want someone to talk to, Nina." He confessed, a sudden sadness in his voice.

I pulled his hand up on to my knee so that I could put my now free hand on the side of his stone cold though velvet soft cheek.

"I'm that someone." I promised. "I'll be there for you no matter what."

Damon laughed. "You know something, Katherine said something a little similar to that yesterday when she epically failed at pretending to be you."

I sighed. "Damon, I am not Katherine."

"I know." He replied. "You are so much more..."

I honestly thought it was time now, for the moment I'd been waiting for ever since I arrived in the Salvatore Boarding House. Even though at first I didn't want to admit it, deep down I always wanted Damon with me.

His lips against my own.

Kissing me.

And I really thought that it was going to happen.

But then the most annoying, cliche thing happened and Elena walked in. And horribly, at that moment I wanted to scream at her. But I held it in because I was a women.

"Interrupting something?" She asked, like she knew exactly what she'd just interrupted.

"Nope." Damon said, his head still against mine.

"Not really." I lied. "We're just drinking coffee."

"Right." Elena said, rolling her eyes. She seemed to be in a bit of a mood. "Lip to lip action is definitley drinking coffee, Nina."

"Our lips are apart and not touching." I pointed out.

"Whatever." She muttered.

"What's wrong with you today?" I asked, pulling my face away from Damon's a little bit so that I could see her...fuming expression.

"Me?" She laughed. "What's wrong with you?!"

"Do not...talk to her like that." Damon growled, suddenly letting go of me and darting across the room to get right up in her face. She backed away a bit and then laughed.

"Is he always this protective of you?" She demanded. "You know Nina, protective guys don't make good boyfriends."

"He's not my boyfriend." I said. "And seriously, what's wrong with you?"

"You!" She shouted. Damon opened his mouth to say something again but Elena slapped him in the face, hard. "Stay away from her."

"Don't slap me barbie." He warned. "And don't talk to your sister like that."

"Where were you yesterday?" Elena asked, ignoring Damon completely. "Do you not know how worried we all were? You're a little bit old to be doing those little stunts in order to get everyone's attention."

"If you would just let me explain, then-"

"No, Nina." She cut me off. "You don't need to explain. You just went off in your own little world as always and didn't give if anyone got worried about you. You just did what you wanted. And you know what, from now on you can do exactly that."

"Is this just because of yesterday?" I asked, getting off the counter. I made my way over to Elena and glared. "Or is it because of what you just walked in on?"

"Maybe both." She shrugged. "What does it matter? Yesterday, you were just attention seeking. And today, you're just proving to Damon how desperate you are."

"I've killed a lot of girls in my life, but I've never hit one." Damon admitted. "But Elena if you say one more thing like that, then I might have to reconsider."