7. Feeling really guilty

7. Feeling Really Guilty

"Stefan..." Damon slurred as his eyes turned even more red. "I asked for you to tell me. Is that Elena or Katherine?"

"Elena." Stefan said, gripping tight onto my sister. Then suddenly, his eyes flickered to me. "Did you tell him?"

I mentally face palmed myself. "Stefan! No, I didn't!"

"Well how did he find out?" He asked.

"Some guy called Matt at the pizza place thought I was Elena." I said.

"Oh. Sorry."

"Wait!" Damon shouted. He turned to face me with betrayed eyes. "I asked you if you knew who Elena was and you said that you didn't. You lied to me Nina."

"Oh come on, Damon." Stefan muttered. "Lying is 2nd nature to you."

"Yes, and do you know who made it 2nd nature to me Stefan?" Damon roared. "Katherine! And I told Nina that she was nothing like Katherine, but she's starting to prove me wrong."

"Damon, you're over-exaggerating." I said. "Stefan asked me not to, so I didn't. If you asked me not to tell Stefan something then I wouldn't."

"She was just being loyal." Stefan added.

"Whatever." Damon muttered. He turned to face Elena who jumped closer to Stefan. That was weird, it was like seeing me. I shuddered. "Now, why do you look like Katherine?"

"I was adopted." Elena said immediatley. She obviously wasn't scared, her voice was just as calm as Stefan. "...so was Nina."

"Katherine must have had a child before she was turned." Stefan explained. "So it's true. Elena is the dopplegagner, but so is Nina. Therefore if Klaus manages to go forward with the sacrifice, he has a choice of either killing Elena or Nina. But...we're not going to let that happen."

"Why not?" Damon hissed. "Elena, do you think Stefan actually likes you? He's just playing with you the same with Katherine played with us. None of it's real."

"I love Elena more than anything." Stefan vowed. "She is not Katherine. And I will do anything to protect her from Klaus and any other which means harm to her."

"Fine, well you can protect her." Damon snapped. "But what about Nina? I've had my fun with her, so we can let her go now. If Klaus kills her then it's not our problem. Right?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Damon?!" I screamed. "I thought we were friends."

"i have no friends." He said.

"God, you're such a 2 faced bastard." I cursed.

"Nina, don't insult him when he's angry." Stefan warned. "Just come over to me and Elena and he wont hurt you."

"I don't want to hurt her." Damon said. "I just want to tell her something."

"Go on."

"I was going to toy with you the same way Katherine did with me. But I decided not to, for some completely unknown reason. I decided to almost befriend you. I thought we had some fun today. I even gave you a vervain necklace so that you'd be safe. I protected you from Tyler and all that I asked for in return was for you not to lie to me. And then you go ahead and lie."

"Damon, I'm sorry." I admitted. "But it's really not that big of a deal."

"It is to me!" Damon shouted. "I don't trust people, Nina. And you're young, you're innocent, so I thought why not? Why don't I just trust this little girl? So I did. And then you prooved me wrong. That's what I get for thinking I can trust again."