15. Bad timing

15. Bad timing

"Damon still asleep?" Stefan asked as I took a seat in the living room. I nodded quietly and then rested my head against the pillow. I hadn't had much sleep last night because Damon was...well kind of delusional. He was saying things like 'Katherine, don't leave me.' And 'Stefan it's all your fault!' But I'd decided I wasn't going to make conversation out of that.

"I'm not Damon's biggest fan but I do feel quite sorry for him." Elena admitted. Me and Stefan nodded in agreement and then we enterred a little silence.

Minutes later, Damon trailed in. He looked horrible...well horrible for Damon.

"You ok?" Elena asked.

"Don't pretend to care Barbie." He muttered before walking over to the cabinet and pouring a bourbon. He downed it in one like usual and then sighed.

"What are we gonna do about Katherine?" I asked.

"Just leave her there?" Stefan suggested. "What else is there to do?"

"Well, we could talk to her about the originals. Maybe she knows them?" I wondered. That would be so cool if she did. Because then we could trick her into telling us some important details about them. Hmm, yes that would be acceptable. Play the bitch at her own game. Damon would certainly enjoy that.

"I'll do that later." Stefan agreed. "Nina maybe you should come with me."

"What about me?" Elena whined.

"You can stay with Bonnie." He replied. "It was a big spell she did last night. She's probably exhausted." Elena nodded and we all looked up as Damon cleared his throat.

"And what do I do?" He demanded.

"Stay here. Try not to kill anyone or start a fight with the wolves." Stefan said, completely serious. Damon pouted and then downed a shot of whiskey.

"I don't agree on that, little brother." He smirked. "What about I get with Rose and she helps me track down some originals?"

"No!" I refused. I didn't want Damon and Rose together...because they kissed for no apparent reason and it caused me to get amazingly jealous! "I mean...isn't that risky?"

"It is." Damon said. "But it's worth it. Besides, it'll get me out of the house."

"What about I come with you?" I suggested.

Damon frowned, as if he sensed the jealousy. "Isn't that risky?" He asked, mimicking my voice. I stuck my tongue out and him and shrugged.

"It's worth it."

"Fine then." Damon said, clapping his hands. "Stelena, go talk to Mrs Bitch. Nina, let's go hunt an original."

                                                            ***Later***

"So Elijah is Klaus's brother and he works for Klaus?" I asked Rose as we enterred a cafe inside a building. Vampires were all in, but the windows were like...vampire proof. So they wouldn't burn to death.

"Pretty much." Rose said as me, her and Damon took a seat at a table. "So what do you want to know?"

"How to find Elijah." Damon shrugged. Rose became wide-eyed and he rolled his. "Don't bother telling us about how dangerous that is. We just want a simple answer."

"But Damon, it's so danger-"

"I said I want a simple answer!" He snapped, banging his fist down on the table. Rose nodded and then she sighed.