19. O.M.G

19. O.M.G

All eyes were on me when I raced through the doors of the boarding house. Stefan, Jeremy, Elena, Damon and another man were all in the living room. The new man, who I assumed was Elijah, had dark hair and wore a waistcoat. He was good looking, but nothing compared to...well you know who I was gonna say.

"I thought you had a date with Matt?" Elena asked.

"This is more important." I said obviously. I shut the door, walked over to the couch and sat down next to Jeremy.

"Nina." Elijah nodded. He stuck his hand out and I nervously shook it. "I'm Elijah."

"I know." I looked over at Damon and he gave me a weak, painful smile. "How are you holding up?"

"It stings like a bitch." He muttered. "But I'm gonna pull, through this. Elijah told us about a cure."

"Thank God." I sighed. I looked over to Elijah and shot him a pleading look. "Are you gonna help us get it?"

"Well, I will help but I also need something in return...from you Nina."

"Yeah, anything." I promised.

"I'll get Damon the cure, if you give yourself over to Klaus."

Wow. That was...big. Wouldn't Klaus sacrifice me and break the curse? Wouldn't I die? Could I even do that? Could I let myself die for a vampire that I had only known for a few months?

"Will he kill me?" I asked slowly.

"No." Elijah promised. "I wouldn't allow it. It's all a part of the plan I've come up with. I'll kill Klaus before he can break the curse."

"How?" Stefan asked.

"Well, you'll probably be surprised when I tell you that the sun and moon curse isn't real. It's a fake.  Klaus made it up back in the15th century. He made it up so that vampires and werewolves would be on his side and help him break the real curse."

"What's the real curse?" Damon asked, clutching his wrist again.

"Klaus is a hybrid." Elijah explained. "He's not my full brother, only half. His real Father was from a werewolf bloodline. So basically, Elijah is a vampire but a werewolf as well. Unfortunatley for him, a witch cast a spell on him so that his werewolf side would remain dormant. The only way that he can power it up again is by killing a werewolf, vampire and doppleganger on the full moon. If he does this, then he'll be a true hybrid."

From that moment on, pretty much all of us were in shock. Elijah finally let out a nervous laugh and sat down next to me and Jeremy on the couch.

"I'm a little behind in times but I believe the phrase that you are looking for is OMG?" He asked, smirking a little.

"So Klaus is going to kill me?" I guessed.

"No." Elijah said. "I'll give you some vampire blood before you hand yourself over. Klaus will kill the werewolf, then vampire...then you. And just as he is in transformation, a witch will come out and use a spell against him. Klaus will weaken, and then I'll come in and rip his heart out. So, yes technically you will die...but you'll become a vampire."

"Oh..." I said. "Well...for Damon, yes."

"No." Damon moaned. "That's stupid. Don't buy yourself a one way ticket into vampireville just so that I don't die."

"You're my friend Damon and I will not let you die." I snapped. "And whether you admit it or not, you want me to do this. You don't want to die."

Damon didn't say anything, so I guessed that I overruled his refusion.