Bloody Ring

~Three Years Later~

Emily's P.O.V

"It looks new again," I comment as I set the white paint can on the grass and wipe my hands on the dirty apron.

"It doesn't even look like we're in the middle of the zombie apocalypse." Elise comments, taking a step back and admiring the house.

Rick trudges over to us and smiles. "Looks like it's not half bad."

"I told you that we could make it look like a real home. All we needed was paint." I laugh.

Everyone pauses as we hear a walker hit the sturdy fence. "I got it," Carl announces as he pulls out his knife.

Three years have past, and everyone has thankfully survived so far.

We've build a fence, added an extra floor on the house, and have plenty of supplies that can last us through the apocalypse.

Luckily, everybody gets along great and no fights have broke out.

We've had a couple of times where we were sure we were gonna lose the house, but it hasn't happened.

~~Flashback~~

"Rick!" Chyann screams from outside as she stabs into another walker. We haven't been able to get the fence all the way up yet because of wet weather.

Every nine hours, someone else will take watch while the previous person leaves to rest.

"Daryl! Come on!" I shriek as Rick, Daryl, and I race out the house, weapons drawn.

"Duck!" Chyann ducks and I shoot three walkers, giving her time to make it to our side. Elise and Katie sprint out the house and the dark sky fills with the sound of gunfire.

"Is that it?" Rick asks, out of breath. "I think-" A walker tackles Daryl before he could finish his sentence.

"No!" I scream, pulling it off and tossing it on the ground. "Don't try and kill my husband!" Between every word, I shove my knife in the walker's skull.

I finish and stand up, fiddling with the wedding ring Daryl had given me two months ago.

~~End Of Flashback~~

Rick still keeps us on our toes, though, and makes us go outside the fence to kill the walkers.

He says that the fence can be taken down if enough walkers lean against it, but we take out the dead before they can get to us.

"Great job!" Lori cheers from the doorway. "Now come inside. It feels like it's over one hundred degrees out here."

As Carl, Rick, Elise, and I walk inside and sit down, Glenn comes down the stairs. "Guys, it might be the end of the apocalypse."

"What?" Chyann ask excitingly, her eyes growing wide.

"There's no walkers in site for as far as I can see through the binoculars."

Or, could it just be the beginning? Could that walker that Carl killed be last one we'll ever see?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ahh guys this is the end of the book!!! I might add on later if I want though!! I have a couple ideas of how! I'll make sure and let you guys know!

I just have to many books published right now and I wanna start focusing on certain ones!!

I've really had fun writing this book and I want to thank everyone for the support!! I love you guys!!