You Might Need It

Shane walks away from me and sits in the drivers side of the green jeep, waiting.

I sigh as I walk into Daryl's tent again, this time he actually had a plaid shirt on.

"Come on; Shane's waiting." Is all I say as I head over to the car, and get in the back, since I figured Daryl would take the front.

"Shane, why are you mad at me?" I ask desperately as I tap him on the shoulder.

"Emily, it's nothing." He flashes a smile at me, but I knew it was fake. "I know it's something." I say.

"You and Daryl a thing?" He asks me as he turns to face me, not smiling.

"No, we're not dating. Shane, he just tripped and fell and you came in at the wrong moment. Trust me, I'm not gonna get pregnant; I'm not stupid enough to do that."

"I know you're smarter than that, and I trust you." Shane says. "Then what are you so worried about?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Don't worry about it."

After I lose me temper, I bite my tongue so I don't flip out.

Finally, Daryl makes it in the car, and Shane puts it in drive, and presses the pedal.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask after fifteen minutes passes by while we drive on the road.

"There is this army store a few miles up ahead; figured we would go and check it out." Shane answers.

I nod my head as Shane looks at me through the rear view mirror.

~

After about thirty minutes of driving on the road, we finally pull up to the rundown army store.

The abandon building had vines wrapped around the poles, and grass about as high as the glass door, which had blood smeared all over.

I pull out my knife, but Shane hands me his extra gun he keeps.

"You might need it." He refuses as I try to hand it back.

I gulp as I proceed to move towards the doors, and Shane and Daryl are right behind me.

I kick open the doors and it's clear; no walker or even human clues were visible.

"It's clear." I say. "Someone must've already cleaned it out."

"There ain't no way someone would clean out a store, then leave without taking something." Daryl says.

Shane motions for me to raise my gun, and I did.

"Me and Emily are gonna check the guns and ammo, you can go look for food." Shane says.

"Actually, I wanna go look at something, by myself. I don't need babysitters." I interrupt.

"What?" Daryl asks. "What are you gonna look at?"

My blush from embarrassment. "Just... stuff that I- we need."

After giving me questionable faces, Shane and Daryl finally understand what I'm talking about.

We all go our separate ways; Daryl took the left, Shane got the right, and I took the middle of the store.

With my gun raised, I turn the next corner, and to my surprise, it was the isle I've been looking for.

Amy actually requested it because we were running low on it, and she said that if we bring anymore women into the group, we're gonna waste them all.

I place all seven boxes in my book bag, and turn to walk down the best isle.

As I got a glimpse of the whole isle, I realize a walker was wobbling its way to me.

I pull my knife out and immediately stab it in the head,  but as it fell to the ground, about twenty walkers that neither of us had seen came down my isle.

As I look for an escape, two walkers on the isle that I was on just a few seconds ago, start to push on the racks.

I attempt to move but I'm froze in place. The racks fall on top of me and I fall backwards with a loud 'thud'.

I struggle to get out from under the racks, but I'm stuck. 

A walker makes its way to my foot, which is the only body part that is sticking out from the racks.