Now What

"Daryl, what are we gonna do now?" I ask, rearranging my backpack since it was a mess.

"Whatever Rick and Shane decide, I guess." Daryl says. "I don't have no say so."

"We need to find Chloe and Merle. They could still be alive." I state, glancing out the window.

"No, what we need to do is find shelter, food, supplies, and stay safe." He explains.

Once we reach the highway, Rick pulls the car over, and everyone follows suit.

Dale makes his way up to the roof of the RV, and sits down with his shotgun in his lap, and binoculars around his neck.

"Dale," Shane says. "Keep watch up there."

"We need more gas. Almost all of these cars are just running on air." T-Dog says.

"Well, there's nothing we can do abo-" Shane starts, but glances around all the vehicles that are just sitting around, collecting dust.

"While y'all suck the gas out with the hose, we'll plunder around and maybe find some food and water." I say.

T-Dog, Shane, Daryl, and Glenn go to get the gas and collect what they see, while Lori, the kids, Carol, Andrea, and I search for supplies.

"Carl, stay beside me." Lori mentions, as Carl drags his feet behind her. "But mom," he starts.

"Don't worry, Lori, I'll watch him." I smile as he walks beside me.

"Search the cars, dude." I pat him on the back. "We're gonna need whatever we can get."

From behind me, a few people gasp. Carl and I turn around, and Shane and Glenn had found a Food-Lion truck that was carrying loads of water.

Carl high fives me and we walk towards them. "We'll get these, y'all go." I say awkwardly to Shane.

They walk off, and Carl and I start taking out the jugs of water and placing it inside Daryl's truck and the RV.

After Carl and I finish, Rick races beside us. "Get under the car, now." He whispers as he runs to the others.

I glance up and a heard of walkers were heading this way.

"Carl, go. Now." I state as I push him under the truck, and I lay beside him.

"My mom," Carl says. I softly cover his mouth with my hand. "Shh..." I say quietly.

The heard slowly makes their way to the truck where we were laying, and that's when I catch a glimpse of Daryl.

He was running to T-Dog, who apparently cut his arm on the car
door.

I start to shake and I was debating, 'Should I stay or should I go?'

Finally, the walkers make they're way away from us, and Sophia starts to slide from under the car she was under.

Then, a scream from the RV was audible, and I had a choice to make.

"Stay here." I whisper as I slide from under the truck.

I make my way to the RV, and grab my knife as I open the door, but another  scream fills the silence.

Turning my head, I catch a glimpse of Sophia running into the woods, with two walkers chasing after her.