Trust Is A Pain

"Adam, let us out!" I shriek as I run towards him, but Rick grabs me by the waist and yanks me back.

"Don't! He's our only way out of here! If he's dead, we're gonna die!" Rick yells at me.

"Are you serious?" I mumble under my breath. "Let me talk to him."

"Can I trust you?" Rick asks, looking at me straight in the eye.

Those words cut deeper than a knife. Did he really just ask me that?

My body fills up with anger and hatred all at once, and I need to let it all out now.

"Trust me? I trusted you with my sister and look around, she's not here! Where is she? Oh wait, you don't know! Now, you really want to talk about trust?"

"Emily, I-" "I should've never trusted you with Chloe! I should've went with you since clearly you can't watch one person!"

"We have bigger problems right now!" Dale yells over my screaming and yelling.

"Adam, let us go." By this time, I was in no mood to be played with, but calmer than I was.

While Daryl and Shane bang on the metal door with axes and fire hydrants, it was my job to get the door open.

"What do you want?" I ask. "Let us out. We have kids that don't deserve this. Adam, you gotta let us go."

"What I want?" His jaw clenches together, and the room went silent, and all eyes were looking and me and Adam.

"All I've ever wanted was you. So, you stay with me, and I'll let them go." Adam says.

"Hell no! She's with us!" Shane yells making his way over towards us.

"Shane, stop it!" I scream and push him away from Adam. "I'll stay, you guys go." I say.

It felt like time froze, and everyone else couldn't move, or even communicate normally.

"I said go! Leave! Now!" I scream. Shane looks at me, and I could see the pain in his eyes, but what broke my heart the worst was the pain in Daryl's.

He looked like he was about to cry, but he didn't show it.

Adam swiped his I.D card and everyone scampers out to their room they were staying in, except Andrea.

"Andrea, what are you doing? The door's open, go." I say as I sit beside her.

"What's the point? My sisters dead, the dead is now living, may as well die here." She says.

I glance at the timer, '00:003:012' it read in red letters.

"I have a plan," I whisper. "We have three minutes left, but if we act fast, we can go."

"I don't wanna go." Andrea says, clutching my arm. "I just don't wanna..."

"You have to, Andrea. Please, Amy would want you to." I beg her, and she finally agrees.

I look at Adam, and he's fully occupied with the computer's keyboard.

I yank on Andrea's arm, and we sprint to the exit door, which luckily was still opened.

Once we got there, a huge hole in the glass was visible, and I could tell a bomb had went off.

Andrea and I jump, and land on bags of rocks. They scrap my back and I flench in pain, but quickly recover.

"Got down!" Glenn yells from the RV, and we duck and take cover behind the bags.

The building explodes, the heat of the fire hit my skin. I scream as the fire covers me and Andrea.

Luckily, we weren't burned severely, just a few scrapes and cuts and a few burns.

"Come on!" Dale yells as he swings the door to the RV open, and Lori reaches out to grab our hands.

As Andrea races towards her, I sprint to Daryl's old truck.

I slam the rusty door and he smiles at me. "What?" I ask, buckling my seatbelt.

He reaches back to the backseat, and pulls out my backpack that I left in the room.

"I knew you weren't gonna die that easy." He says, as we head back on the road.