How

Daryl and I didn't even speak a single word with each other the whole ride.

I was too nervous; my hands were shaking due to not seeing Chloe the whole time I was back at camp.

Finally, Daryl growls, "They both knew what they were getting in to." He slaps the wheel.

I make an 'mph' sound, which came out more rude that what I was expecting. "Sorry." I mumble.

"Merle only went to get away." He says in an angry manner.

"I hope they are okay." I say reassuringly. "You hope? Hope ain't done nothing for us!" He snarls.

"Hope is one of the only things that is keeping us alive. If there isn't hope, then where would we be?" I ask smartly as I prop my arm against the window.

"We- we- just shut up and stop!" Daryl suddenly yells, and I jump.

"Daryl, you stop it! Don't get mad at me for something you were asking for!" I scream.

He goes quiet, and I do the same. We didn't dare make eye contact with each other until we come upon a building that looked secure.

Daryl comes to a halt and parks the truck behind the RV, and Shane parks behind us.

As I unbuckle and open the door, Daryl points to my gun, which is resting in the side pocket of my book bag.

I nod a 'thank you' and grab it, cocking it and sliding out of the truck, with Daryl behind me.

As I make my way past the dead walkers laying on the ground, I place my gun in my back pocket.

"Emily," Shane whispers. "They could still be moving." He refers to the walkers.

"I know, but I think I know a way in that wouldn't sound the alarm." I whisper. "How?" He asks.

"As long as the main gates aren't down, I can get us in there. Don't worry about how." I say as I walk faster and make it to the doors.

Sighing, the gates were down. I turn around to face the group, but they were already standing beside me.

"They must've all... died." I sigh. Let's go." I look down.

Lori puts her hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

As we all turn to walk away, Rick yells, "The camera just moved! The camera just moved!"

"What?" I ask with disbelief. He points to the miniature white camera, but it stays still.

Even though it was highly not possible for it to be true, I started to kick and hit the doors.

"Let us in!" Rick and I scream. "It's not working!" Shane yells over us.

Shane grabs me by my wrists, digging his nails into my scars. I didn't have no choice but to stop.

I yank my hands away and fight the tears that are welling up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't know I grabbed you that hard." He apologized.

Relief fills my body as I know that Shane didn't know about my scars.

As I turn to face the gates, they go up and a bright light blinds me, not allowing me to see what is happening.