Break Promises

As I glance around the fire, I notice that Daryl and Merle weren't here.

"Where's the Dixons?" I ask aloud so my voice was audible.

"In their tents, probably. They're not very social. I know Merle's the one that hit you; he's aggressive, and Daryl's the one that isn't social at all." Amy explains.

I nod my head as Shane walks around the bush and sits beside Rick, passing him a beer.

He notices me starring and smirks. "Want one?" Shane asks, handing me his bottle of beer.

"Why not?" I accept the bottle and take a swig of it.

"Wouldn't expect you to be one who drinks." Andrea says, holding up her bottle.

" I drink sometimes." I admit. "Me too." Andrea says.

Shane goes to fetch some more beer while the rest of us chat about random stuff.

When he returns, he brings the whole cooler, full of beer bottles, which are slightly warm from the Georgia heat.

I grab three bottles and stand up. "Where are you going?" Amy asks me.

"To give some to the Dixons." I answer. As I turn to walk to their tent, I could feel people watching me.

As I enter their tent, Merle is asleep, snoring, and Daryl is fixing his crossbow, his back facing me.

"What do you want?" He asks over his shoulder. "Brought y'all some beer." I answer.

He chuckles a little bit. "Which one of them sent you up here to give us some?"

"No one. I brought them myself without no one asking me to. It seemed like they were more against the idea." I say.

Daryl makes a 'mph' sound and starts back fixing his crossbow.

"You came back to get my sister and I. Thanks." I try to make a conversation with him.

"Why can't you just leave? I'm tryin' to do something here!" Daryl snaps at me.

"Okay, I'm leaving, Jesus." I mumble under my breath as I exit out the tent and head back to the fire.

"More for us." I say sarcastically as I hand Shane and Andrea one, since we were the main ones drinking.

We cheers, clinking our bottles together, and then drink.

Chloe watched my every move, and I started to get uncomfortable about her.

After I finish with my second bottle of beer, I stand up. "I think I'm gonna head off to bed." I say.

Chloe races to my side as we make our way back to our tents.

Before I zipped it up, I peeked my head out and glanced over to Daryl's tent.

He was standing outside, near the tent, smoking a cigarette, facing towards my tent.

Once he caught me looking, he began to walk my way, but I quickly zipped up the tend and laid on my sleeping bag.

"Emily, you drank today." Chloe reminds me.

" I know, but, I figured-" "You promised you would stop drinking after the accident!" She cries.

"Chloe, I..." "You PROMISED me, mom, and dad! Then you broke it!"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have drank any." I apologize.

She turns to her side, her back facing me, and I knew she was going to ignore me.

When I first turned twenty one, I drank too much and ran into a car.

The doctors told my parents that I might not survive, but, luckily I did.

Ever since then, I promised I would never drink, but all promises can be broke by people.