Sounds Like A Plan

Daryl's P.O.V

"What the hell is your problem, Shane?" I growl through gritted teeth. He just laughs evilly and tosses my crossbow across the road.

"I don't know if you noticed, but your in the way of Emily and I."

"You're crazy! She's mine and mine only! You sick bastar-" He slams the end of the gun over my head, making me tumble to the ground.

"I loved her first! You never cared about her!" Shane screams in my ear and he stands me up by the jacket.

I swing a punch at his gut, and he shoots the gun. Luckily, it missed me and flew into a window, causing it to shatter.

While he's distracted, I shove him onto a parked car and slam my fists on his sides, but he elbows me and I fall.

Before he could move, I yank the gun away, only for Shane to try and make me pull the trigger on myself.

Shakily, we fight for the kill and I manage to turn the gun around, and shoot him in the stomach.

He falls to the ground, clutching his bleeding stomach as blood drools out of his mouth. I stand up straight and hold the gun in my hand.

"I'm sorry, Shane, but this was your own fault." With that, I put a bullet between his eyes and go fetch my crossbow.

Emily's P.O.V

"That was the third gunshot we've heard within the last ten minutes." I mumble worriedly, glancing out the window of Walmart. "It has to be Daryl and Shane."

"They could've just ran into some walkers." Chyann says from the other isle.

"If they just ran into them, they would've taken them out silently. Daryl and Shane wouldn't waste bullets."

There was a pause in silence. "That's everything," Katie grumbles, trudging beside me.  "Everyone ready to go?"

"Yeah, sure," "Good," And with that, we all break out into a sprint and storm through the blocks, finally coming around the corner.

"Oh, God!" Elise screams, nearly tripping over Daryl's crossbow. "What's it doing all the way-" I glance up nervously.

There was Daryl in the middle of the road, holding a gun in his hand as Shane lays motionless on the pavement.

"What happened?" Our jaws hand loose as he turns around. He explains and we all agree silently.

"Now what?" Katie asks. "We need to find the group and stay there. Maybe we can live there." Elise answers.

"Here," I hand Daryl his crossbow. "Let's go before the others start worrying."

~

"Where's Shane?" Rick questions as we all trudge through the door to the house. "He was a threat that we needed to dispose." I answer.

"What-" "I shot him, Rick. I shot the jerk. He wanted to kill me, and I wasn't 'bout to let that happen." Daryl blurts in.

"I think we need to get off this subject." Carol continues, beginning to walk to the kitchen. "Sandwiches?"

"Sure, why not?"

Everyone gathers around the small kitchen table as Carol and Lori fix peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"Tomorrow, we build a fence around the house and patch up the windows. This house needs to stay up if we all want to survive." Rick mentions.

"Okay, sounds like a plan. Luckily, there's a Tractor Supply nearby." Elise informs the group.

"We can make a run for the store tomorrow morning." Chyann adds.

"Emily, Chyann, Katie, and Elise can get the supplies. We'll search through the attic on this place." Daryl encounters.

"But right now, just relax."