Bye

When I could hear a faint giggle echo in my dream, I immediately snap my eyes open.

As I glance around, I notice Shane standing there with a smirk on his face, laughing away.

Once he noticed, he pointed to Daryl's arm drafted around my waist, holding me tightly.

I smile, and quietly unzip the sleeping bag. I slip out and follow Shane out of the tent.

He burst out laughing once we make it to the RV, where almost no one was near.

"What did you wake me up for?" I ask him. "Figured you would want to say goodbye to your sister." He answers.

"I'll say bye, not goodbye." I mumble under my breath. "What's the difference?"

"Goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."

Shane looks at me with a questionable face.

"I didn't learn that the easy away. People left saying goodbye, and I figured it out on my own."

He pulls me in for the normal kiss on the forehead, but instead, kisses me on the cheek.

As we both hear people 'coo' at us, we turn around and spot Chloe, Merle, Rick, Jacque, Andrea, and T-Dog at a red jeep.

I roll my eyes as I make my way to my sister, and pull her into a hug. Trying to fight the urge to cry, I hug her tighter.

"Please be safe." I whisper as I choke down the tears.

She nods her head, and I could tell she was on the verge of tears, too.

As I pull back, away from the hug, I make my way over to Merle.

Everyone gave me weird stares, like I was a crazy person.

"Watch out for my sister, please." I say as I give him a hug, which I had to stand on my tippy toes because he was to tall.

After an awkward few seconds of me hugging him, he finally hugs back.

I could fell the stubble on his chin scratch my shoulder as we pulled away from the hug.

I give everyone else a hug and before leaving, I give Chloe on more hug before her mission.

"Bye." I whisper on her ear, this time allowing the tears to fall. "Bye." She whispers back.

As she walks away, my lip begins to quiver and Shane has to pull me out of the way so they can drive through the path.

"What if she runs out of ammo? Or food, water? Maybe can't find shelter? Or just, dies?" I cry into Shane's shirt.

"They won't. Rick knows what he's doing. He won't let anyone die." He says as he wipes my tears away with the pad of his thumb.

"Yeah, I hope so." I say as I head back to Daryl's tent.

As I enter, I begin to glance at all the weapons scattered around.

Once I spot my sisters knife that he took, I slide it in my pocket.

"Daryl, get up." I mumble as I nudge his arm, making it fall off his side.

He quickly sits up and reaches for his crossbow, but I kick it away. "Chill! It's me, not a serial killer!" I shout.

"Don't wake me up like that! Jesus!" He yells in an angry voice.