chapter five // i need to know

αвαη∂σηє∂ & ƒσυη∂

   It was now almost a week since Niall had started to live in secret, and none of Zayn's family members had suspected a thing. The two boys had developed a routine to keep things on the down low.

First Zayn would wake up and go to school, leaving Niall in the darkness of his room, only to return afterwards to see Niall always either on his laptop or watching TV. Luckily Zayn's parents worked during the day, and his sisters went to school so Niall didn't have to worry about the volume on his music or the telly. After school Zayn would always eat something, then would socialize with Niall and finish his homework upstairs in his bedroom. On some nights when Niall was hungry, Zayn would let him feed off of him. In only a matter of a week Niall had fed from him once, him having fed on Tuesday night. It was now the last day before the weekend, and Zayn knew that Niall would most likely be hungry.

Since that Sunday night when Zayn and Niall had kissed, they both had gone on like it never happened. Zayn didn't try anything else, except for saying a few 'love you's' before he left for school, but he never tried anything like kissing and grabbing certain body parts.

Everything at home was fine, but at school was a different story. Zayn had started to hear whispers from everyone about how the 'Horans' had packed everything up and ditched town. Of course Zayn knew that sooner or later people where going to notice and start talking, but he didn't expect it to be now. They've been barely gone for a week and a half. Of course some people had talked to Zayn asking if he knew why Niall left town. Everyone in the school always saw Niall and Zayn together so it wasn't a surprise if Zayn was asked a few questions about why the Horans had left. Zayn pretended to be surprised at their departure, shocked at why Niall didn't 'tell' him why he was leaving.

But what did surprise him was on the Friday before the weekend he was called into the school office.

So here he was, sitting in a empty room that one of the office workers told him to wait in. Zayn sat in a chair, his back-pack at his feet leaning against the small sofa chair he was in. Tapping his fingertips on his legs he looked around the room. A desk sat in front of him, a few items on top of it as well as a empty chair on the other side. Two other empty sofa chairs sat on either side of him, facing the desk as well. Potted plants were placed here and there, but it wasn't decorated enough to where you would think it was someones office.

Zayn was tore away from his thoughts as he heard the sound of the door opening behind him. On instinct he turned around seeing two men in suits come in, the office worker that told Zayn to wait in the same room closing the door behind them.

"Hello, Mr. Malik. Sorry we had to disturb you from your classes, but it was extremely important matters that are on our hands." replied one of the men in suits. They both walked in front of Zayn and stood on the other side of the desk, their posture straight as a stick. Zayn's eyes couldn't help but glimpse down at the two badges that rested above their hearts, Bradford Police engraved on the bottom of a weird symbol he couldn't make out.

"Um, yea but I don't know why I'm here actually." Zayn asked, shifting his seat slightly. He lied, he knew exactly why he was here, why they where here. They were here because of Niall.

"First let us allow to introduce ourselves. I'm Officer Styles and this is my partner Officer Tomlinson. We just wanted to ask a few questions regarding your friend Niall Horan?"

Zayn felt my heart stop, his palms starting to become sweaty. He couldn't help that he was nervous, but he needed to remain controlled. He need to act like he didn't know anything, Zayn couldn't risk them finding out about Niall.