chapter three // kiss me

αвαη∂σηє∂ & ƒσυη∂

   When Zayn awoke the next morning, the bed felt colder then it should have. Turning around so he laid on his back, he peered his eyes only to see an empty spot next to him in bed. Zayn looked around the room, only to see it empty of Niall's presence. His eyes landed on the clock on top of the nightstand. Gosh, it was early. Why was Niall out of bed? He was always a heavy sleeper, sleeping piratically everyday away. Zayn lazily got out of the bed, stretching his limbs, his joints popping some. Zayn's hair was wildly messed up, the only thing he was wearing was his boxers. After blinking a few times he strolled across the room, exiting out into the hallway. Looking back and forth there was still no sign of Niall, the hallway eerily empty. Maybe he was downstairs.

Zayn walked down the hallway, going down the stairs one at a time until he was in the hallway downstairs. The front door was shut tight and locked, a stream of light illuminating the hallway from the top of the window above the front door. Zayn walked down closer to the front door, turning right into the living room. Zayn felt relief wash over him as he saw Niall curled up on the sofa, blankets wrapped around his small frame.

"Oh, there you are Niall. I was wondering why you weren't in bed."

Niall turned around and looked sideways at Zayn, his eyes drooped some. His hair was stuck up at odd angles, a wave of tiredness washed over his eyes. Then Zayn noticed that he had tear stains running down his cheeks. Zayn's face fells as he rushed over to Niall's side, pulling the blond boy into an embrace that Niall took no attempt in pushing out of.

"Oh my gosh, Niall what happened? Where you crying?" The words rushed out of Zayn's mouth before he could stop them. Right as Zayn finished talking, Niall burst into tears. He leaned into Zayn his head pushing into Zayn's bare chest. It would have been awkward, but both boys didn't take notice in the fact that Zayn was only wearing his boxers. Niall on the other hand was also wearing boxers but instead of a bare torso he wore a plain black t-shirt.

Zayn rubbed soothing circles into Niall's back as Niall let out choked sobs, pulling the blanket up to his face to wipe away some of the tears. Niall's cheeks were flushed, eyes glassy. Zayn bit his lip, wondering how something so beautiful so, so innocent, could be such a blood thirsty creature of the night. Of course Zayn didn't think of Niall as a creature or vampire, he knew him as just, well, Niall. It was still the same old Niall that he grew up with, the same old Niall that he fell in love with.

"Niall, are you gonna tell me what happened? Are you hungry again, because I--"

"No!" Niall shouted out, cutting off Zayn's sentence. Zayn flinched back slightly, his hand that he used to rub at Niall's back stopped. Niall gulped and stared up at Zayn, their eyes locked together. Zayn's heart race quickened some. What was wrong with Niall?

Niall watched Zayn's eyes, the way they widened in the slight fear. Niall could smell it slightly coming off of Zayn. Oh great, he scared his lifelong best friend.

"No, no I-I don't want to feed off of you again." Niall quietly said, pushing himself up in a sitting position next to Zayn. Zayn didn't move, his eyes still locked onto Niall.

"Are you crying because your hungry? Please let me help you if you are--"

"No, it's not because of that" Niall stated flatly, wiping the access tears from his eyes as he tried to calm himself down. Zayn looked at him, clearly confused.