6-C: THE PREREQUISITE TO THE CONQUEST OF MAKKAH AND 'OMRAH

At the place of Hudybia, a peace treaty was signed with the Qurayah two years ago but they broke the promise, and thereby nullified many of the conditions of this peace treaty by their different re-actions during Holy Prophet's Omrah of the Ka'aaba. The Holy Prophet (blessings and salutations of Allah on him), therefore, ordered to prepare a strong force as expedition to Mauta where many companions were martyred which had grieved him a lot. It was due to the evil designs of the Quraish. Thus the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam had to teach a lesson to Makki Quraish. The Quraysh got ashamed, and sent Aboo Sufyaan to apologize, and desired that peace treaty may be renewed; but it was too late and so violated that his intervention was of no avail. Aboo Suufyaan was ashamed. He went back to Makkah frustrated. Tlie Holy Prophet (blessings and salutations of Allah on him) appointed a blind companion Ahdullah Ibne Oome Maktoom as the Governor of Madina. He himself (blessings and salutations of Allah on him) set out to Makkah with an army often thousand strong.

On the other hand, Hadhrat Abbass (Allah is pleased with him) the real uncle of the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam who had embraced Islaam and migrated to Madina had several relatives in Makkah who had not yet embraced Islaam. He wanted that somehow or the other they may be informed so that they may either come and apologize or embrace Islaam, and thus may be saved. As such he rode the mule of the Holy Prophet (blessings and salutations of Allah on him), and came out of the army camp outside Makkah. He met Aboo Suufyaan and made him understand how the Makki people should face the fact and narrated the whole situation to him. Hadhrat Abbas then gave him protection and brought him to the Holy Prophet (blessings and salutations of Allah on him). At that time Aboo Suufyaan half heartedly embraced Islaam with some reservations. Hadhrat Abbass (Allah is pleased with him) requested the Holy Prophet (blessings and salutations of Allah on him) that since Aboo Suufyaan was the Chief of the Quraysh, he may be specially favoured, so that his lofty position amongst the Quraish could be maintained. But it was now too late so the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam did not react.