2-I: EMBRACING OF ISLAAM BY HADHRAT AMEER HAMZA (R.A.)

During the sixth year of Makki preaching of Islaam the Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) was delivering sermon on mount Safaa when accidently Aboo Jehl, the arch enemy of Islaam, arrived there. He was extremely annoyed on seeing the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam preaching the Divine Truth. After abusing, he hurled a stone on him (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) which resulted in serious bleeding of His (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) head. When Hadhrat Hamza (R.A.) came to know of this he approached Aboo Jehl, and struck his head with the bow so strongly that he got him wounded the same way Hadhrat Hamza was paternal uncle but also a maternal cousin of the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam who had sucked the milk of some maid nurse Saubia who initially nursed the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam So Ameer Hamza was so near and so dear to Him (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam). So Hadhrat Hamaza came to the Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) and said, my nephew you will be pleased to learn that Ï have avenged Aboo Jehl for you." The Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) said, "O my uncle! I shall be happy when you will embrace Islaam." On hearing this Hadhrat Ameer Hamza (Allah is pleased with him), embraced Islaam forthwith. He was a man of great conviction and became a great asset to Islaam and for the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam.