2-J: EMBRACING OF ISLAAM BY HADHRAT OMAR THE GREAT (R.A.)

Hadhrat Omar, the great, (R.A.) embraced Islaam, three days after Hadhrat Hamza (R.A.) entered the fold of Islaam. It is a strange turning point in his life that during those troubled days he (Hadhrat Omar) determined to murder the Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam). He armed himself and furiously started from the house for the purpose. In the way he came to know that his sister Fatima Bint-e-Khattaab and his brother-in-law Saeed have embraced Islaam. On hearing this he went over to the house of his brother-in-law where Hadhrat Khabaab was teaching them from the parchments of the Quraan. He beat them thoroughly to the extent that the head of his brother-in-law and his sister started bleeding. His sister, being excited, said to Hadhrat Omar (Allah is pleased with him) "We have embraced Islaam; you may do whatever you like". Hadhrat Omar, seeing them so sincere in faith desired that they should recite to him whatever they were reading from their Muslim teacher earlier. The Sura Hadeed (Steel) Rakoo (Section) was recited to him after he had undergone the prescribed Wodoo (ablution of Islaam). It so impressed him that on hearing this recitation he wept profusely due to the spiritual impacts of the Holy Quraan on his person. Thus the recitation of a great Muslim lady became the turning point in the life of the great Omar. Subsequently he approached the Holy Prophet (Allah's blessings and salutations on him) and professed Islaam reciting aloud the Kalmah Shahadat. (Confessing of faith for Muslim belief). All the Companions of the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam are his (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) disciple but Omar the great is his (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) desire. Thus he confessed that Allah is one and the Holy Prophet (Allah's blessing and salutation on him) loudly declared Takbeer Allah-hooAkbar (Allah is Greater) Who has made Omar the great a real force for the early Muslims by strengthening them in their weakness. Hearts of the infidels were over-awed for his so brave entry to Islaamic faith and sincere companionship to the Holy Prophet Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam After announcing Islaam, he offered prayer in Kaaba, due to which the infidels were grieved tremendously.