Real mature!

"Never?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

"I find that really hard to believe, you know." He said, tightening his arm round her shoulders and she snuggled into the crook of his neck. Toby had only been here for an hour but Riley had managed to send the earlier incident to the back of his mind.

"Why?" Riley asked.

"Because... Your hot and sexy but... You're not a badass." Riley tensed in his arms.

"You don't know anything about me, Toby." She sounded mad. "I need to sleep so I think you should leave." Riley stood up and Toby could see the anger on her face.

"Riley I'm sor-"

"Goodbye Toby." He sighed and walked towards the window.

"I've been through some shitty things in my life, but if there's one thing I've learnt it's that you can't run forever." With that he jumped out the window and began the long walk home.

"Why the long face bro?" Toby jumped.

"Shit! You scared me to fucking death man!" Toby whisper yelled, watching him emerge from the alley way.

Kit laughed. "But seriously Toby, what's up?"

"I fucked up."

"Again?" Kit joked. Toby shoved him playfully.

"Yeah, but this time it didn't involve fighting."

"What happened then?"

"Well you know that girl I told you about earlier..." Toby went on to explain how he and Riley had kissed then how he had managed to ruin the moment by opening his big mouth.

"Let me get this straight. You kissed a girl, but didn't fuck her?" Toby nodded. "Damn man! So do you actually like this girl?"

"I think so, but I'm not sure. I'm not good at this sort of stuff."

"Nah you're right. We're sorta just fuck and go kind of guys." He chuckled.

"I guess your right. I just don't get why she got so mad at me. It was going well until I messed it up!"

"To be honest with you mate, I don't think it was your fault."

"What d'you mean?" Toby asked, perplexed.

"Well, I might not have much experience with girls feelings and shit but, I think she overreacted."

"You think so?"

Kit nodded. "First of all, if she actually was the bad girl she claimed to be she would've fucked a couple of boys and been to a couple of parties at least. Personally, I think she used the badass act as a disguise, to hide something."

"Dang man, that was deep." They both laughed. "But seriously, thanks bro."

"No worries. I'm your best mate, it's what I'm here for." Kit responded. "Will I see you Saturday?"

"For Layla's birthday? I wouldn't miss it for the world, see ya Kit."

"Bye man." Then he crossed over the road to get back to his house.

Lying in bed later that night Toby began to analyse every detail of his encounter with Riley. The way she relaxed a little when she was in his arms and most importantly how her soft lips had felt against his. It hadn't seemed awkward, but it had only lasted for a second. For some reason Riley was different. He didn't just want to get in her pants, he wanted to know her, as a person.

Thinking about Riley made him wonder whether she was thinking about him or whether she was still mad. That thought made him feel slightly forlorn. After a while, sleep overtook him and he drifted into a dream world of brown haired fake badasses.
***
Riley was mad, but more at herself than Toby. She had let him get to close tonight but she had felt almost... comfortable in his embrace. As much as she hated to admit it, she felt something for the conceited jerk, but she couldn't let him in.

That's why she woke up the next morning intending to give Toby the cold shoulder and not even mention their kiss last night. Riley was going to pretend that it never happened in the hope that Toby would too...

Toby was fuming, she'd ignored him all day, all fucking day! Not a word or smile or any sort of acknowledgment from her, and it was driving him insane.The next time they had chemistry was tomorrow but Toby wasn't giving up.

Riley strolled into the lab, fashionably late, as usual, and grudgingly took her seat beside Toby.

"Smiley, come on, this is getting ridiculous!" She ignored him.
"Look, I'm sorry okay!" Still no reply.
"For fucks sake!" This time he got a response but not the one he'd been hoping for.

"Miss, Toby just swore at me." Toby's jaw dropped. Now that was a real bitch move.

"Mr Anderson, leave this classroom at once!" Sighing heavily he stood up.

"Real mature, Riley Kay." He whispered but if she heard him, she didn't let it on.

Toby left the classroom feeling betrayed.