Back to school...

It's time  he thought, the sound of his alarm clock still shrill in the air. After an awesome summer he was going back to school, back to Lightwater high! He wasn't one of those idiotic teens that hated school because they thought it was crappy or because they weren't popular or couldn't get laid! He hated it because every single person that went to Lightwater was a self obsessed jackass , He despised them all!

He rolled out of bed and dragged himself sluggishly into the bathroom. Once there, he showered, cleaned his teeth then walked out with a towel round his waist. He moved straight over to the wardrobe and pulled out a clingy grey tee, put on his ripped denim jeans and stood in front of the mirror to do his hair. He laced up his shoes, picked up his backpack and grabbed an apple as he left the flat.

He arrived at school with moments to spare, the bell rang seconds after he set foot in the entrance hall. Sweating and out of breath he made his way to first period, history.

After surviving an entire morning of history and calculus lectures he walked out into the parking lot, crossed the road, entering a small sandwich shop on the street corner. He walked in and strolled up to the counter to be greeted by a familiar face.
" Hey Toby!"

"Linda," Toby smiled, " can I get a ham salad sandwich?"

"Sure! Anything for you, half price of course!"

"Thank you Linda you sure know how to make a guy smile."

He felt a great deal of affection towards Linda. She was about 52 and had been looking out for him for as long as he could remember. She had a kind heart.

Linda brought out his sandwich, he handed over the money and crossed back over to face the the rest of the school day.

Toby ambled out of physics class and started on his way to last period. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and was so focused on checking his messages, he was oblivious to where he was going and unlucky for him the same could be said for another person...
Riley Kay had her head down, eyes glued to her phone screen. Suddenly she felt the full force of another person slam into her, she fell backwards and landed with a thud!

"Would you watch where your go-"
"Will you be more carefu-"

They both spoke up at the same time and, glancing up, Riley saw who it was that had bumped into her. That boy, Toby, from her chemistry and biology classes.Ugh!
"How d'ya like the ground Riley, is it nice enough for your bad girl ass?"

"I kinda like it down here" she replied cockily "I don't have to look at your dumbass face!" Toby stretched out a hand to help her out, she grabbed on and let him pull her up.

"Why were you going that way anyway?" He asked "we're in chemistry now, right?"

"I was going to my locker, if you must know!"

"Well by all means, don't let me stop you" he smirked, walking away.

He didn't really know Riley that well but they had completely opposite opinions and were always getting into arguments in government class especially. They kinda had this mutual agreement to dislike each other but really they didn't know anything about one another. It was strange...

Riley entered the chemistry room three minutes after the bell, slightly out of breath. Much to her dismay Mrs Pearce called on her the second she walked inside.
"Mrs Kay, why are you late for my lesson?"

"Because I was getting my book miss, what do you think I was doing?" She replied sarcastically.

"If you are late for another of my classes you will most definitely get a detention. Now sit!"

"God, calm down!" She said openly, the teacher's eyes narrowed. Riley shrugged and turned away. In doing this she noticed two things
1. Toby was smirking his ass of and...
2. The only spare seat just happened to be next to him. She groaned inwardly but put on her best I-don't-even-care face.

Sooo guys... This is chapter 1! What do you guys think?? Tell me if this is long enough or whether you'd like it longer!!
Thankssss :)
Faith x