Nothing, no Riley...

From: unknown number
07952841307

Hey smiley, we gotta finish that project....
I live in central town, 34th street in the blackthorn apartment building.
Come at 5:00?
Oh yeah it's floor 4, room 1.

Riley groaned at the prospect of spending extra time with Toby. Today she'd been irrationally angry with him and she would like to say it was because he was an arrogant jackass, but it wasn't....
It's because he has a girlfriend, you're jealous! Her subconsciousness explained and Riley just groaned again.

"Hey smiley, can I tell you a joke?"

"I guess so." She answered frowning.

"I was trying to help my English teacher move some items into a cupboard in her room.
She says 'Try harder!'
I say 'I'm trying! It's too big!'
She replies 'Well we'll make it fit!"

"That's not even funn-" then realisation dawned on her. "Ewwww! Toby that is so gross." And Toby burst out laughing.

"The badass can't take an innuendo." He said and Riley turned on her heel and stormed off.

Today Toby had decided to be adventurous. He'd donned a black leather jacket, a clingy white tee-shirt and dark skinny jeans. The sleeves of his jacket were rolled up, displaying the two tattoos he had on his inner forearms. He'd got more attention than he'd bargained for; two incredibly hot cheerleaders had given him their numbers saying that they were free Friday night if he wanted to 'hang out', he might take them up on that offer...
***
"It's endothermic!"

"No, it isn't!"

"Why not!"

"Because you're using the wrong formula!"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are Toby! Look here!" She told him pointing at the correct formula and Toby sighed in defeat, Riley laughed at his embarrassed expression. They'd been working on the stupid project for at least two hours and they had actually quite enjoyed it, not that they'd ever admit it.

Riley jumped in shock as Toby's mobile began to ring:
🎶 Your man on the road, he doin' promo
You said, "Keep our business on the low-low"
I'm just tryna get you out the friend zone
Cause you look even better than the photos

I can't find your house, send me the info
Drivin' through the gated residential
Found out I was comin', sent your friends home
Keep on tryna hide it but your friends know

I only call you when it's half past five The only time that I'll be by your side
I only love it when you touch me,
not feel me
When I'm fucked up,
that's the real me
When I'm fucked up,
that's the real me,
yeah I only call you when it's half past five
The only time I'd ever call you mine I only love it when you touch me,
not feel me
When I'm fucked up,
that's the real me
When I'm fucked up,
that's the real me, babe🎶

Toby jumped up to answer it. Riley tried really hard not to listen but she couldn't help hearing his half of the conversation. It went like this:
"Hello?" Gap....
"what!?" Gap...
"What's wrong with her?" Gap...
"And she wants me?" Gap...
"I'll be there right away!" Then he hung up and turned to her. "Ruthie's sick, I'll be 10 minutes." Then he ran from the room, slamming the front door shut.

Toby jumped onto the bike, his heart thundering in his chest. Riding way over the speed limit Toby only had one thing on his mind,
Ruthie needs me...

He ran in through the main doors and went straight up to the receptionist.
"I need to get-"

"Yeah, I know, Ruthie." Toby nodded and sat down. Minutes later a middle aged lady in a horrible dress walked in, cradling a pale faced infant.
"Oh gosh, Ruthie!"

"Toby..." She muttered weakly, "take me home."

"Sure thing baby, let's go" And after finding out what was wrong with Ruthie that's exactly what they did...

"Why can't I ride on your bike, Toby?" She wined.

"Because you're to little, uncle Frankie's coming to get us, I just called him."

"What about your bike?" Toby looked at her blankly, now that was a good question.

"Erm... I tell you what, you ride with uncle Frankie and I'll take my bike. We can see who wins!" He improvised but Ruthie seemed to like his preposition.

"Yes! I'm gonna beat you!" She told him.

"We'll see about that" he said as Frankie pulled up next to them. "RACE YOU!" Toby yelled, climbing onto his bike.

Obviously he won, but he arrived home to see... Nothing, no Riley...

Just so you know, the picture is of Toby's apartment building and, guys, Riley is NOT dead nor has she been kidnapped, she just stormed off, as usual!
Ly guyss :)