I dont believe you!

The picture above is what I imagine Toby to look like. What do you think?? I value your opinion :)

Toby grinned slyly as Riley all but threw herself into the seat beside him.
"Don't get your knickers in a twist" he teased, she ignored him and Toby's grin widened.

As he had watched Riley in confrontation with the teacher Toby had been struck with a sudden thought. What if Riley wasn't a badass after all??  He had noticed the constant twitching of her index finger as she gave her cocky remark. He couldn't be sure of anything yet but he was determined to find out more about her.

"You don't talk much do ya, eh?"

"I do actually, but only to people I like!"

"Aww c'mon I'm not that bad am I?" Toby questioned

"Well I actually don't know shit about you, so I can't really answer that question. I'm just not all that fond of you." She stated matter of factly, smiling in faux sweetness.

"I could say the same about you, but one day I will know shit about you!"

"You will?" she asked and Toby nodded

"I will..." With that he carried on with his work.

Riley's mind was reeling. Why was it that this smart, annoying yet admittedly hot boy was interested in her? She never really gave boys a second glance out of fear they would figure her out. She'd just have to make sure Toby found out as little as possible, it was imperative he knew nothing. Or was it?

"That hat suits you by the way" Toby said randomly. For the best part of an hour they had lapsed into silence, Riley was surprised and flattered by what he'd said. Looking at his face it was obvious he was embarrassed and Riley blushed in spite of herself.

"I bought it last week." Was all she said and, expecting silence, looked back down at the text book.

"I don't believe you..." Toby muttered, then the bell rang and he was out of sight before she could blink!

Had he meant the hat or something else entirely?
Why was he bothered?
Why did she even care?
Those were the thoughts that circulated her mind as she sat in a pathetic attempt to do homework, chemistry homework. The more she thought about him the more she came to the conclusion that there was more to him than meets the eye.
***
Toby locked the door of his flat, a leather jacket draped over his shoulders. He descended the stairs and stood outside to wait. Five minutes later Kit showed up in a black convertible.
"Toby, bro! How's it goin?"

"Not bad mate!" He said, climbing into the car.

"I've got news for you, man."

"What?"

"Frankie fixed up your bike, so now you don't have to waddle to school like a dipshit!"

"Nice! How much do I owe him?"

"That's the best part, he's done it for free!"
"No way!" Toby was ecstatic, the only income he got was from his weekend job at Frankie's repair store, so he needed the money, especially for what he was planning in a few months.

Sitting in the padded leather seat, as kit  drove to the downtown neighbourhood, Toby began to think. More specifically about Riley. She sure was a mystery, a freaking sexy mystery, that Toby was determined to solve. She may well be a bad girl but right now Toby wasn't buying it!
"Who's downtown tonight?"

"Err... The usual I think. Oh, and a couple of newbies."

"Ah that's what I like to hear, new kids joining the dark side!" Toby joked and they both began laughing, like really laughing!

Kit pulled up beside the entrance to an alleyway. They strutted down it and were greeted with hoots and yells! And Toby thought to himself:
These people are my friends...