Liar, liar, liar...

Spotting her long, light brown hair in the crowd he called out "Smiley!" And when she came over he said "Is the project finished?"

"Almost, but no. Are you free tonight?"

"Yeah, but... Everyone's looking at us weird." He whispered and Riley looked around to find that everyone was in fact staring.

"They all think we're dating." She said and Toby's jaw dropped.

"What?! Why?"

"Because apparently, we're the school badasses. Anyway...tonight?"

"Umm yeah, but can we go to your place tonight because-" he smiled grimly "Ruthie...well...she...Kinda...it just went everywhere! It took ages to clean!" Toby finished. Riley wrinkled her nose in disgust saying:

"Yeah, sure, whatever!" Then stalked off in the other direction. I'd rather not hear about your sexual activities! She added in her head. Okayyyyyy, she really took that the wrong way...

"Bipolar much!" He muttered walking to get lunch.
***
Toby stood gazing at the Palace-like mansion, totally gobsmacked. He had not expected this!

The outer walls were of smooth, grey stone with polished wooden borders. Tall, glass panes showed the expensive modern interior, and lets not forget the swimming pool!

Toby wondered if he had the right address. Taking out his phone, he checked the text she'd sent. It read:

From: Smiley

Hey, Toby.
Here's my address, for after school,
Crest worth house
832 Canal Street
Hartford, CT 06106

Yep, he was definitely in the right place.
"What d'you think, Ruthie?"

"I think... It's very big, like a princess castle!"

"D'ya wanna knock?"

"Okay!" She giggled and banged her tiny fist against the door. Riley answered in seconds and at the sight of Ruthie her eyes widened. She looked up at Toby.
"So who do we have here?"

"Oh umm, this is my sister, Ruthie. I had to bring her. She didn't feel well and Linda needed me to pick her up, so she could carry on working." He rambled but Riley wasn't listening.

"This is Ruthie?"

"Ermm, yeah. Why?"

"I thought she wa-" Riley cast a wary glance at the small girl which didn't go unnoticed by Toby.

"I tell you what Rue, why don't you go explore the castle." And with that, Ruthie disappeared into the confines of the huge house. "Continue..." Toby prompted.

"I thought she was your...girlfriend..." At that Toby just about died...laughing!

"You thought she was my gi-" More laughter...
"That's so stu-" More laughing

"Okay, I get it. It was stupid of me, but you never actually said she was your sister."

"I guess not."

"And what did you mean when you said that she kept you up all night and that 'it' went everywhere?" Toby smiled, amused.

"I meant that she woke up at 4, yelled then threw up all over her room! What did you think I meant?"

"Well, I thought that you'd been up all night...having umm-" Then she stopped, walked inside and just as Toby had made to follow she slammed the door, angrily, in his face!

"FUCK!!" He cussed loudly as the smooth wooden surface made contact with his nose.

"Toby!! That's a naughty word!" Ruthie yelled stubbornly and he mentally chastened himself. Ruthie knew what a swear word was? Damn! He needed to watch his mouth! Opening the door he strolled inside, turning to Riley.

"I believe we have a project to do." Then he walked into the front room and made himself at home.

One hour, ten minutes and a sore wrist later, the project was done! But, unfortunately Ruthie was asleep which meant he had to carry her to Linda's because he had no cash for a cab. Damn, he really needed a car! He scooped her up into his arms and walked to the front door. As he looked at her innocent sleeping face he remembered how much she'd embarrassed him tonight...

"Toby was right!" She whispered or tried to whisper. He was in the kitchen, putting cups in the sink but upon hearing this he stood and listened...

"What do you mean?" Riley asked perplexed.

"Toby said you were pretty, I think he was right." Ruthie told her an Toby felt his cheeks heat up, so did Riley. The thought of him complementing her made her feel strangely happy.

"See ya later, smiley!" He called and he heard her footsteps as she came to the door.

"I'm not called Smiley!"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say... smiley." Then he stepped outside, closing the door behind him. However, seconds later it was reopened.

"How are you getting home?" She called out, not sure why she cared.

"I'm not going home." He answered without turning round.

"Well how are you getting to wherever you're going?" She persisted. Toby turned his head.

"I have two legs, and I plan on using them." He said shrugging.

"Where are you going anyway?"

"I'm taking Ruthie to Linda's then, I've got some...stuff to take care of."

"D'ya want a lift?"

"No."

"But you can't carry Ruthie all the way!"

"I'll be fine!"

"Just get in the car, Toby!" And he did, half relieved that he wouldn't have to walk. Riley climbed into the drivers seat and asked,
"What stuff do you have to take care of?" Her voice sounded rather hesitant as she wasn't sure how he'd react.

"Nothing important." He said.
Liar, liar, liar! His head said.

Don't be a silent reader! :)
Plz vote
And comment!
Love ya :)
P.s Follow as well xxx