Finally Home

They woke up when the plane hit concrete. They smiled at each other and then collected their stuff. They kissed each other right before they exited the plane. As soon as they exited the plane, they saw their parents and were greeted by family affections. Karmen ran to her mom and her dad, while Nathan ran to his dad. They talked to their parents for about ten minutes, but then Ronald, Nathan’s dad, asked,

“Are you kids’ hungry? Dinner is on me!”

“Sure where are we going?” Karmen asked.

“I don’t know. Where would you guys want to go?”

“How about we go to The Rain Forest Cafe? It is not that far away from here, but first I would like to go home and drop these suitcases off. I’ll meet you guys there.” Karmen suggested.

“I think I should go home too. I’ll pick up Karmen, so she doesn’t have to waste gas, and we’ll meet you at the restaurant.”

“Okay.” The parents’ said, (Clueless of what Karmen and Nathan were planning to do.)

Karmen and Nathan did what they said they were going to do and as Nathan went to go pick Karmen up, he noticed that Karmen had changed clothes. She was applying lip gloss to her lips when Nathan had pulled up. As she got in his car, Nathan just smiled. He finally said,

“You look nice. Why did you change clothes?”

“Because the other pair smelt like my medicine I had on my cheeks. I am surprised you didn’t notice it. It was so strong to me.”

“Well I didn’t notice it or if I did, it didn’t bother me. So, where is The Rain Forest Café?”

“On Feudal Street and InuKag Blvd. You can’t miss it.”

Karmen and Nathan talked about how they were going to tell their parents about their relationship, until they were only a block away from the restaurant. They did not want their parents to hear what they were talking about, so they quickly changed the subject of the conversation to their vacation in Hawaii.

When they got to the restaurant, Nathan parked his car in the back parking lot and opened the door for Karmen. They walked with each other until they got to the front door and saw their parents waiting for their buzzer to beep. Karmen thought to herself for a minute.

They still haven’t said a word about us walking in together, side by side, and that we were spending more time with each other than with our parents!

The buzzer beeped as soon as Karmen and Nathan went to sit down. They weren’t upset but they were most likely thinking: Couldn’t be better timing!

They got a table that sat eight although we only had seven. Nathan sat next to Karmen, which sat next to her mom, who sat next to Karmen’s dad, who sat next to Karmen’s grandmother, who sat next to her brother, who sat next to Ronald, who sat next to Nathan. That was such a handful! They all ordered different meals, so they thought it would be funny if they just passed their plates around and get a sample from everyone’s plate. When they got their own plate, they were suddenly full. They got a couple of To-Go boxes then started talking.

Nathan and Karmen talked about their vacation, leaving main details out about them being together the whole time, and then showed them pictures. They also skipped over pictures that had them kissing or hugging each other. After that conversation Karmen’s mom started talking about her business trip in Florida. The ‘dads’ jumped in the conversation too. They only talked about sport games they watch. They talked a little about cars, but their part of the conversation was mostly about sports.