Chapter 25: Chemo

Chapter 25:

A couple hours later after putting cream on my poison ivy Mason had accidently gave me I decided to watch tv and it was about 11:45 when I was watching tv in my room, while scarfing down a hotdog.

When I was about halfway done with my hotdog I heard Mason climbing up the lattice.

Getting up I went over to my open window and closed it, locking it too.

I saw Mason’s confused face, covered in poison ivy appear on the other side of the window.

Crossing my arms I shook my head at him.

“Go away Mason.” I said in a mean tone of voice.

“Huh? What happened to your face?” He asked.

“You gave me poison ivy, I guess that bush you jumped in last night had poison ivy in it.” I said.

“Oh, no wonder my face is itchy.” He said frowning. “Is that why you want me to go away?” He asked.

“No.” I said.

“Well, why then?” He asked confused.

“You freaking know why. A**hole!” I said in a loud whisper.

His eyebrow rose and he started knocking on the window.

“Come on.” He said. “Please, open the window and let me in?” He asked frowning.

“No, why the h*** would I do that?” I asked gritting my teeth.

“Uh, because I’m your boyfriend.” He said.

“Not anymore.” I said angrily.

“What? What do you mean? What did I do?” He asked.

“Why don’t you think?” I suggested tapping my hand impatiently on my crossed arms.

 “Oh, is it about me stealing that car?” He asked.

“You lied to me, Mason, how could you, I really thought you loved me and I think I was starting to love you, but you broke my heart.” I said.

“I do love you; I stole that car a long time ago.” He said.

“I don’t believe that you really love me, I feel like I don’t even know you Mason!” I said. “Was everything you told me about your life a lie?” I asked.

“Of course not, and you do know me…I didn-”

“Save it Mason, I don’t want to hear it right now.” I said before he frowned.

“Go away Mason!” I yelled.

“Please, just let me explain?” He asked.

“No! Go away!” I screamed just before tears poured out of my eyes and stung my cheeks.

He looked at me sadly. “I’m sorry, Nadine.” He started, but I interrupted him by making him leave.

“Goodbye, I love you.” He said before climbing down from the lattice.

And that was the last I saw of him.

A week slowly passed and it rained every day since he left.

I blared Alicia Keys’ all those days.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him, I missed him a lot and it was finally Monday morning when my mom came into my room telling me that she and my father got me an appointment.

When we arrived to the place, we had waited and while and we were finally sent back into a room with a female doctor named Dr. Woods.

I told her I wanted to try chemotherapy after she asked me what treatment I wanted.

The doctor asked if I was sure because it would make my hair fall out.

I nodded confirming it and we started chemotherapy, and one week had passed and I had already lost like 1/3 of my hair.

It was on my pillow one morning, and in my hair brush the next, and when I’d wash my hair, it'd be in the drain.

I cried every time some of my hair fell out; it just reminded me of what I was going through.

I was also starting to lose a bit of my hearing, and eye sight, and a couple of mornings I even puked when I got up to go to the bathroom.

I kept thinking of what Mason would think of me if he saw me, would he not like me anymore?

Mason wasn’t like that was he?