Chapter 20: Truly madly deeply

Chapter 20:

“Just wait here.” Mason said waggling his finger in my face.

I smiled shyly.

“Ok.” I said scooting back a bit in my chair.

I waited for a minute or two and then finally Mason came back with a microphone in his hand and a guitar in the other.

He set up the microphone and then put the guitar strap around his neck.

3 people showed up behind him.

One sat on a seat behind a set of drums that I hadn’t seen before.

The other stood by another mic with a guitar hanging from his neck

Then the last sat on a chair behind a keyboard.

“This is for you Nadine.” Mason said rubbing his pick across the guitar strings.

I recognized the song right away and smiled.

It was Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden.

I had told him before that I liked that song, and he was singing it to me.

“I’ll be your dream I’ll be your wish I’ll be your fantasy.”  Mason sang.

My face heated up and I looked the other way.

I sat there and listened to his beautiful voice.

I had no idea that he sang, and he was really good too.

“I want to stand with you on a mountain, I want to bathe with you in the sea, I want to lay like this forever until the sky falls down on me.” Mason sang with a smile.

A few minutes later he finished the song and my face was burning it was so hot.

I smiled.

No one had ever sang me a song before and I was blushing because it made me feel so good.

“So, what’d you think?” Mason asked casually walking over to me.

“No one has ever done that for me before.” I said, with tears in my eyes, happy tears.

“Aww, was it that bad?” Mason joked patting my shoulder.

I started to laugh.

“No, it was beautiful.” I said looking up at him and smiling.

He wiped the stray tear that rolled down my cheek and leaned in for a kiss.