Chapter 46: Your kiss is on my list

Chapter 46:

It had been a couple days Leighton was doing better and we were actually getting along.

It was Friday night while we were getting drunk and playing a card game together on the carpet.

Leighton put the wrong card down and I laughed at him.

"You're so drunk right now you don't even know what card to put down!" I said cracking up.

We both looked at each other laughing, and we both fell backwards, still laughing.

We were laughing so hard over something that wasn't even funny.

Leighton looked at me and I looked at him, then he put his hand on my hip and moved his hand slowly up my body.

I didn't push his hand away, I didn't say anything.

His hand stopped on my face, and he leaned in and kissed me.

I kissed him back and pulled off his shirt.

I moaned a little in my mouth, while we were still kissing.

His lips moved down to my neck and he tugged at my shirt.

He pulled away and looked guilty.

He swallowed hard.

"I like you Nadine, and I know you love William, this is a mistake waiting to happen." He said.

"I don't want you to mess up what you have with William." He added getting off the floor.

"Leighton, I'm sorry." I said.

It was then I realized what I almost started doing.

I was drunk and people have told me I tend to act slutty when I'm drunk, but I'm still a virgin.

I never understood that, how could someone act like a slut but be a virgin?

Leighton was right though, it was a mistake waiting to happen.

Then again, my mother always told me, when you're drunk the things you say or do just brings out your true self, and your true feelings.

Did I have feelings for Leighton?

No way!

Did I?

No I couldn't have.

I went to bed that night thinking about it.

Was I positive I didn't have any feelings for him?

No, I wasn't positive.

I mean it was possible I liked him, but I didn't want to.

I loved William.

"Nadine?" Leighton said from the other side of the room.

"What?" I asked in a groan.

"Don't blame yourself; I'm really sorry I kissed you." He said.

"I kissed you back though!" I said in a loud whisper.

"I could've controlled myself but I didn't." I said. "I gave into the temptation."

He sighed.

"I've wanted to kiss you for so long Nadine, you have no idea, and I just do playful flirts to cover up how I really feel about you."

I felt really bad, how could I do that to him? I really felt like he loved me he just didn't want to say anything about it because he was afraid of being rejected.

"I'm sorry Leighton." I said to him.

"Just go to bed." He said his voice cracking.

He rolled over.

I did too; we were facing away from each other.

The next morning I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom and got in the shower.

When I was done I got dressed and went for a drive to see Mason.

I always checked in on him on the weekends and whenever I got the chance.

When I opened his front door with the spare key he gave me, I walked in, shutting the door behind me.

Mason was making out with someone on his couch and they both were hardly wearing clothes.

"Mason!" I yelled.

He covered up with his robe.

The girl screamed and put a couch pillow in front of her body.

She slipped on Mason's shirt and ran out of the room.

"Mason, uh, wow I can tell you're feeling better...?" I asked, confused.

He was actually going to get laid before I came in; I hadn't seen him like this in a while.

"Nadine, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Uh, I wanted to see how you are." I said.

"I'm fine, thank you for coming, but can you go, maybe come back tomorrow?" He asked.

"I really like her." He said.

"Oh, um, ok." I said. "This is so awkward." I whispered under my breath.

"Bye Mason." I said kissing him on the cheek and then leaving the house.