“Alright I take it back.” I said and Ryder got off of me.

“Now what was that you said?” He teased and I sighed.

“You are the most handsome guy I know Ryder.” I said in an unbelieving tone but Ryder smiled and nodded.

“Damn right I am.” He said which had me rolling my eyes.

“Braize!” An annoyed voice called from the edge of the water and both Ryder’s and my head snapped towards it.

“Oh right.” I muttered under my breath and motioned for my two friends to come closer. “Candace, Jasmine meet Ryder. Ryder, Candace and Jasmine.” I said in a bored tone while they looked Ryder over and smiled appreciatively.

“Whatever happened to Bree and Lanny?” He asked me and I shrugged

“The both turned.” I said and Ryder understood what I meant.

“So where are you from Ryder? I haven’t heard much about you.” Candace asked, sitting beside Ryder and running her hand up and down his arm.

“I live here, I’m just away.” He replied bored before turning back to me. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing at the look on her face and the obvious turn down. “Do you have plans today?” He asked.

“She does actually, with us.” Jasmine interrupted before I could say anything. “But you can tag along.” She offered, smiling warmly but I knew she was just taking her shot.

“Actually I don’t.” I said annoyed and when Jasmine was about to object I cut in again. “I never actually said I would go with you. I said I’d think about it.”

“But Braize.” Candace complained

“Honestly Ryder is more important than either of you or your group date.” I snapped and got up. “Are you coming Ryder or are you staying with them.” I demanded and he was up in an instant, walking away with me down the beach to his house.

“What was all that?”

“They’ve been begging me to go on a group date for weeks and it was beginning to bug me so I said yes figuring you wouldn’t be back until later but now that you’re here I’d much rather spend time with you then sit at that date listening to the girls flirt and make absolute idiots of themselves.” I explained and Ryder laughed, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

“That’s the Braize I know.”

“So where do you want to go then? I’ve got all day and there’s no way I’m going back home if I can help it.”

“You don’t want to get changed first?”

“Nah, I’ll just borrow something of yours, unless you want me to look nice.” I trailed teasingly and Ryder laughed.

“Well you know a little black dress and some heels wouldn’t be so bad.” Ryder teased in an all too serious tone.

“Oh, I can do so much better than that.” I replied and Ryder raised an eyebrow. “Do you not see what I am currently in?” I asked, motioning to the bikini top and shorts I was wearing.

“Oh believe me, I noticed.” He said, wagging his eyebrows suggestively. I shoved his shoulder laughing and he hooked my neck in his elbow giving me a noogie.

“Ryder.” I complained but it wasn’t my complaint that caused him to stop, it was the large shadow hovering over us.

“Can I help you?” I asked after removing myself from Ryder and standing up straight, staring into intense deep blue eyes.