"I'm sure. It can wait."

"Okay." I say while reaching over to squeeze her hand. "I'm here anytime you need to talk, you know that right?"

"I do." She smiles.

The remainder of the ride was quiet. Which made me feel a bit unsettled. I thought for sure she would be excited by the fact that Dr. Elben said we had a very good chance of conceiving one, maybe even two children through In Vitro.

"Daddy! Liddy!" Harper cries when she sees us walk through the door of my parent's house."

"Hey, there punkin. How's my baby girl doing?"

"Good." She says while hugging my neck tightly. "I miss you.... Toe much."

"I've missed you, too. I hope you were extra good for Grammy and Grampie?"

"Oh, she was." My mother assures me.

"That's good to hear."

"How did the consultation go?" My mother whispers.

Before responding I look over at Liddy, to see her holding Harper and talking with my dad. "I think it went well, but I'm not sure what Lid thinks. She didn't say much in the car ride over here."

"I wouldn't worry. She's probably a bit overwhelm, that's all."

"I hope that's all it is."

"What else could it be?"

Before I can reply Harper comes running into the room and quickly wraps her short little arms around my legs. "Daddy, come see. Come see!"

"Come see what?"

"I make Cooksies."

"You made cookies?" I exclaim.

She shakes her head yes. "Uh huh. For you!" She's so excited she can't stand still.

I can't help but chuckle. I love seeing her this happy. "Did anyone help you?"

"Gammy did."

"That was nice of her. So what kind did you make?" I ask as I follow her into the kitchen.

"Chock chip."

"Yum! My favorite!!"

___________

Liddy's POV.

"The plane should be taking off soon. So we need to make sure our seatbelts are fastened tightly." Hunter instructs.

I reach down and secure mine then check to see that Harper's belt is snug. "We're all set."

He leans over and kisses both of us on the tips of our noses. "Good because I don't want anything to happen to my two favorite girls."

When the plane's engines begin to roar to life, he reaches over for my hand and places it along with his, on Harper's lap so she can hold both of our hands as the plane accelerates down the runway.

After about 20 minutes, Harper falls asleep curled up in her seat with her head resting on Hunter's arm. I lightly stroke her silky blonde curls while watching her eyelids twitch as she dreams.

"She's looks so much like you, when she's sleeping." I say softly.

"She does?"

"Yay, she does. You both kind of have this way of pouting your lips when you're in a deep REM sleep. It's so adorable."

He reaches over with his right hand and strokes my cheek. "You know our baby will be just as cute."

I smile.