Chapter 13

"W- what? You're kidding, right?" Scott said, panic clear in his voice. He turned to me. "You told me you paid her to have an abortion and she took the money!" Unfortunately for him, I felt just as confused as he did. 

"I did pay her to have an abortion... her family relocated soon after so I never really did find out if she actually went through with it," I told him. Mitch finally spoke up, and I saw my twin brother turn to him. I still had my eyes trained on Scott, barely able to believe that he was a father. And yet it all made perfect sense, seeing as Kelsey's child was the perfect age to have been born when we were all juniors. Seeing as Scott had slept with her at that time too... there were no other possible explanations. 

"Scott... I really don't know what to think right now. You lied to me. You've lied to me about a lot of things. From the fact that Sebastian exists to the fact that you have a child-" Scott cut Mitch off, his voice getting higher as he panicked. 

"Mitch, please, I didn't even know Gregory! I thought it was taken care of, and I'm sorry for keeping it from you. I really am. I just never thought that you'd-" 

"That I'd what? That I'd never find out? You were planning on keeping this a secret from me for the rest of our lives?" He asked, shaking his head at me. "What if it hadn't been me who told you about your child? What if Kelsey appeared at our front door, asking you for child support money? What would you have done then?!" Scott stared at Mitch helplessly, and I grimaced. I stepped forward, and they both looked at me. Mitch was glaring, and Scott looked desperate. 

"This is all my fault. If I hadn't come back into your life, Scott, this would have never happened..." I trailed off. I swallowed as I felt my eyes begin to water.

"You're right," Scott snapped. I looked up at his sudden response. He turned his whole body so he was facing me. Mitch grabbed his arm but he jerked it away. He came closer to me, anger in his eyes. I glanced at his hands and noticed that they were trembling. 

"This is all your fault. You came back with a sick and twisted mindset of ruining my life. Mission accomplished. Mitch hates me now, I have a child that I didn't even know about, and all of my deepest secrets came spilling out. Because of you. Because you couldn't keep your damn mouth shut and now-" It was my turn to cut him off now, and I stepped forward so we were face to face. 

"Don't start putting all the blame on me. I went to jail because of you. I bashed that kid's head in because he called you and mom filthy rednecks. I paid my girlfriend to have an abortion because you knocked her up," I snarled. "My life has revolved around protecting you and apparently it must have gone over your head because it didn't mean shit to you. We might be twin brothers by blood, but we are not friends. You have a child to take care of. And I am not gonna fix that for you." He scowled at me and then shoved me. The attack caught me off guard, and so I stumbled and fell. I stood up quickly and went to punch him in the jaw when Mitch came and stood between us. I was tempted to move him out of the way so that I could give Scott what he deserved, but he spoke up before neither my twin or I could do anything.

"I'm upset with both of you," Mitch began, looking at Scott, then at me, then back at Scott. "But fighting isn't going to fix any of this. I kind of feel like I was caught in the middle of this by default, but you both have things that you need to fix. You can't stay mad at each other forever." Scott scoffed and I directed my glare at him. 

"What was that for?!" Mitch demanded, crossing his arms and staring at Scott. 

"I can stay mad at him. Forever, if I have to. And besides, we don't have time to fix anything. We're going on tour in less than 5 days. We should be focusing on preparing for that," Scott said. This wasn't news to me, but Scott had previously told me that I was welcome on tour with them. All of their friends had taken a liking to me and had agreed to letting me come on tour with them. I wondered if the offer still stood after all of... this.

"You think I don't know that?" Mitch asked. "The fact that we're going on tour means that you guys need to resolve this, and fast. I will not be on the same tour bus as the two of you if you're still pissed at each other. All that tension plus singing every single night will not be good for me."

"I have a solution for that," Scott said. "He stays here while we're on tour. And hopefully he'll have moved out before we get back." 

"I'm right here, Scott," I said, fighting to keep my voice even and my anger in check. After all, Mitch was the only thing standing between him and I. "If you have something to say to me, then say it to my face." 

"Okay, I will. We're gonna go on tour, and by the time we get back-" 

"Scott, stop. Just stop, okay?" Mitch said. I sighed. 

"I'm gonna give you guys time to talk. I'll just... go take a walk or something. I'll find a way to stay preoccupied," I said, walking towards my room so that I could get my keys and wallet, along with a pair of shoes. 

"Seb, it's 1 am..." Mitch said, his voice full of concern. 

"I know. But we've all had a long night. I'll be back soon," I told him. I didn't look at Scott as I walked past both of them, leaving the apartment.