Chapter 18: Did Our Son Just Cockblock Me?

"So what're you going do today?"

I roll over on my bed onto my stomach and answer, "I don't know yet. What about you?"

"Nothing actually, maybe you can come over later?"

I smiled to myself getting giddy. "That sounds good. Are you feeling any better today?"

"Yeah, you helped a lot." I bit my lip and smiled. Oh gosh I probably look like I'm straight out of a chick flick.

Teenage girl? Check.
Laying on her bed? Check.
Talking on the phone with her boyfriend and giggling like a school girl?

Check and check.

I'm a living cliché. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. "I'll come over later bu- oh my gosh I just came up with the perfect idea!"
On the other line I could hear Vinny laughing. "What is it?"

"I should buy you a pet fish."

"Babe, was that really your perfect idea?"

"It's genius I know," I said smugly.

"Okay sure but why a fish?" I can tell he is probably trying to find a logical reason but there really isn't one.

"Well I'm watching Finding Nemo and I feel like you could use a Nemo in your life."

"I need a rebellious clown fish who will constantly try to escape the fish tank and who purposely makes his tank filthy?" I can tell through his tone that his smile is growing wider as he goes on.

I stay silent for a minute thinking it over before blankly replying, "Yes."

"Babe that's nice of you and all but really what am I going to do with a fish? Watch it swim around in its bowl?"

"Well who knows you might need that fish's company when your girlfriend leaves you." He knows I'm kidding I wouldn't really leave him over a fish.

"Well shit babe. I guess I'm not going to win this one am I?"

"Probably not but we can continue this even though it'll only delay the inevitable." I look at my nails because this is what you do in movies when youve known you won an arguement. I also need to paint them later. I'm thinking a light pink. I hear Vinny sigh before giving in.

"Okay but you're going to come over everyday to feed it."

"Okay, will you let me pick the name?"

He thinks it over, "yeah your good with names."

"Yay then it's a deal." After saying our goodbyes I quickly jumped off my bed to get dressed. I think getting him a pet will do him some good.

**********************************************************

I walk into the pet store and I'm almost blown away by the wave of different combinations of animal smells.

You would think I would expect it but it just hit me. These people should open a window or something this is horrible. To my right I see caged birds of all colors and to my left I see tons of different aquatic animals. From regular goldfish to octopus.

Wait what.

I didn't even know you could buy a pet octopus. Who does that...?