Chapter 5: Is This A Date?

"Olivia you're going to be a senior soon, what do you plan on doing after graduation?"

I looked at my Tia Daniella, about to answer but of course, my mom had to jump in.

"Oh Olivia doesn't know what she's going to study in college, it's a shame."

I roll my eyes and just ignore her. It's been like this for the last 2 hours. I've been sitting down picking at my food while my family talks. My mother has thrown in some passive aggressive comments for anything and everything. Maybe she's holding a grudge because I was late, but I couldn't care less to be honest.

I'm just confused why people are still here. I love my family but it's pretty awkward. We're here to honor Nessa yet we've been talking about anything but her.

It's like they're walking on eggshells around my parents. They seem almost scared to talk about her.

Tired of the mental cat and mouse game, I excuse myself and get up to go towards the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" My mother asked instantly.

Putting on a fake smile I look at her and say,"I'm going to get the desserts."

If she knew me better, or at all in fact, she would've realized that was a sarcastic smile and I just plan on eating the desserts. Nessa and I loved dessert.

I walked to the kitchen to get a glass of milk and start my feast when I feel my thigh vibrate.

I take my phone out my pocket and see that I have a text message.

"Hey what's up, it's Vincent."

I quickly added him as a contact under the name Vinny.

Me: Hey Vinny, nothing much.

Vinny: Are you really going to be calling me Vinny?

Me: I did tell you that was your new nickname

Vinny: But it sounds like Minnie Mouse had a sister who plays the violin and they call her Vinny.

Me: LOL what? How did you even piece that together?

Vinny: Idk but it makes sense doesn't it?

Me: True it kinda does. Well even more of a reason to call you Vinny. :P

Vinny: Lol ok I'll let you call me that only bc you're cute

Me:

Vinny: Oh did I make you blush?

Me: If you did I would've used the blush emoji. You made me smile, there's a difference pretty boy.

Vinny: Lol don't get snappy so what are you doing today? You know after the family lunch thingy

Me: Miss me already? You just saw me a few hours ago.

Vinny: Maybe I do, so that brings us back to the question of what you are doing later on

Me: Aww and Idk, I'm currently hiding in the kitchen from my mom with a mouth full of brownies.

Speaking of my mom, she decides to barge into the kitchen while I'm smiling at my phone like an idiot over a half a tray of brownies. Uh oh.

"What are you doing in here? I thought you were going to get the desserts?"

"Hehe about that.." I quickly push the tray behind me and lock my feet as I reach for the pie. Holding the pie I smiled at my mom, "The pie! Yes the pie is perfectly untouched and ready to be served."