14. Rage Is Red, Bruises Are Blue, So Just Let Me Paint 'em On You

Matt's POV:
"Smack! Crack! Crunch!"
"Matt you need to c-"
"Crack, crack!"
"Matt-"
"Go away." I spit out, venom, poison. A small hand rests on my side and instantly the fire, the burning anger dies out. My shoulders hunch and my breaths come out quick as claws and rakes back in shakily. Resting my head in my tape bound, aching hands, I calm down. The gyms concrete flooring is now much colder than before under my bare feet and it seems much larger as well. It makes me feel even more lost than I already am. I feel my sanity slipping away, I feel everything slipping away.
"Matt, I don't think your crazy" My sister whisphers feverishly, looking up at me with the same eyes that I see in the mirror every time I dare to look. Only hers are innocent but are still somehow still so wise.
"I can see her sometimes too." She confesses, looking so sad, so lost, so much like me but not.
"Vicky, everything will be okay." I squeeze her shoulder reassuringly but my words comfort neither of us.
"Maybe for you" She whisphers, quickly pulling away and making her way out of the gym.
"No" I breath out, sinking to the floor "Never."
Nothing in our lives has ever been okay. Our parents left. They left without a explanation. I've been taking care of Vicky for years. I've never told Cory. I never told Cory much. I didn't have it in me to watch her leave too. But she did anyways. I guess, as much as I don't like the fact, life is something you can't control.
I get up, brushing off the dust that covered my shorts and made my way to my beaten truck, sighs tiredly.
Starting it, I pull out of the empty lot and onto the almost empty road. The stars wink and the moon is a small smile. It reminds me of when I first got my license and how excited I was to show Core...

((Flashback))

"Wow!" She squeals, jumping up and down "can you drive me home now! Please?!" Her dazzling eyes are hopeful and under her joyful grin, I melt.
"Y-Yeah. Of course." I've never seen her this happy. I love it. I love her...
...
The sun is setting, leaving gorgeous streaks of colors in its wake.
The radio softly plays out a sweet indie song and the many surrounding trees hush along with it. A nice warmth is on our skin as we kiss in the make seat of my now parked in a abandoned drive-through. Her soft lips slide across and press hard into mine, her hands in my annoyingly curly hair. I smile into the kiss then press my lips harder against hers, causing her to sink back and myself to follow, my arms wraped around her waist. As I nibble on her neck, she moans softly, her hands grasping harder at my curl. When she goes to talk my shirt off, I pull back, running the back of my neck and lightly laughing awkwardly, my eyes trying not to look at her. But I do. A small bruise covers the point where her shoulder meets the base of her small neck, her lips are darker and fuller and her eyes are so...alive.
"Why'd you stop?" I fumble for an answer.
"Cory, were drunk. Well, more pacifically, your drunk. Kissing is one thing...but...sex? We've only  been dating for a couple weeks and I really like you." The words poor quickly from me, falling into her drunken ear. I sound like such a fucking pansy. She sighs, pulls herself softly up and kisses me on the cheek.
"I like you too."
I wrap an arm around her and we watch the sun sink, my chances of keep Cory with me as well.