8. Nightmares and Dayscares

(Then)
*rewritten*

We messily make our way to the bedroom, hands caressing, breaths hot and heavy...then his soft lips are trailing down my neck and as I turn back my head...I scream. What I find is worse then broken champagne dragging through your flesh. Everything suddenly seems too slow. His arms wrap around my shoulders, rubbing his hands up and down my upper arms, letting out a frustrated sigh. I shake my head, not understand why the hell there is the clearly dead young woman in the small collasping bed. She has freckles like constellations, dark eyes which are now glassey and wide open, her chapped lips frozen mid gasp and her body is stiff and pale. Her white - blond hair spreads out behind her head, looking like a hallow. My own eyes don't stray from the obvious bullet wound in her forehead.
I can't breath.
"Core...look. I forgot about it and if you know what good for you...you will follow along."
"Why?" I choke out, tears quickly blurring my vision. He sighs again.
"Just listen..."
"NO!" I scream, spinning around, absolutely livid. "I am not gonna keep quite about this! She's dead, Reece. Someone killed her! I know in your line of business your used to these situations but this is different!" Reece laughs softly.
"I killed her." I let out a small cry and stumble backwards.
"W-Why?" He rolls his eyes.
"It's personal."
I dart out of the room, my feet smacking the wooden flooring. Suddenly, my bare foot smacks onto something and a sickening crunch insues. I howl in pain, falling hard on the ground. But hearing him behind me, I continue to move, dragging myself by my arms.
Making my way back to the living room, I feverishly look for my phone, tears streaming down my pale  face.
"Looking for this sweetheart?"
He dangles my phone in front of me as I turn my head to look at him.
Reece grins. I start sobbing, trying to crawl away.
"Ah ah sweetie. I'm not done with you yet."
...
The sky is only a swelling bruise and the air smells heavily of rain. The chill crispness bites at my pale skin, making it flush a soft but bright pink and my very exposed body is swallowed by goosebumps because my clothes were ripped during Reece having fun with his knife on me, making me promise never to tell until I passed out. The wind rides over me like a stretched whisper while fluttering the stray leaves that decorate the too neat neighbourhood around us. My back makes a soft scratching sound against the cement sidewalk is dragging my body on. My ankles are sore and my throat aches from all my screaming. Broken down houses litter the road, most have been boarded up with signs screaming CLOSED or FOR SALE. Reece drags me faster, breathing heavily with effort. Duct tape covers my mouth, wrists and legs. Not a single soul is around. I feel my vision blur again.

Now
I'm at a place were nothing has meaning but everything is meaningful. To simply taste the nothingness, the blanket for your thoughts, on the tip on your tongue and swirl it around in your mouth, creating words that leak into the same taste of others, making one great big lake of nothing and everything.