5. Missing A Mystery

5. Missing A Mystery(Now)

Matt's POV:
Matty? Matt! Hey, Matt?!” Her words blend, blur and slur together just like my half-assed reply.

“Fuck...fuckoff, Marcy.” I don't turn to look at her, if I did she'd automatically take it as me actually giving a shit about her. But then her dark red nails paw and claw at my bare arm, her lips twisted into a pout. She crosses her long legs, making her small black dress ride up and lays her hands on his shoulder which he rolls back, making her hand drop and her pout curls into a sick smile.

The bar reeks of fruity drinks, sex and leather. People cluster together at tables, drinking, laughing to loudly or shouting angrily, drunkenly taking everything as an insult. What shit lives they must have. I wonder if that whiney waitress really is sleeping with the boss as a few other employees, who are now serving beer and overpriced food, gossiped about earlier, getting a thrill out of bashing a beauty who might just make it here or is really, in fact, 'banging her boss' as they ever so gently put.

They club is louder now so I can't figure strangers out as good as I usually do. It's helps me with the fact that I can't figure myself out.
I wonder about that boy who keeps looking at this other man like he wants to say something but the fear swelling in his light brown eyes tells me why he won't. At least not for tonight.

"No but your girlfriend sure as hell did."Marcy whispers in my ear, a giggle bursting out a the end. My hand tightens around my fourth beer, the other clutching my knee.

“Get away from me you little bitch” I growl. I may sound venomous, hateful but I'm breaking away, each voice from her lips - as some describe as luscious but for me, too much petty, annoying words come from between them to deem so - is like a knife dashing across my skin but with out the nice after ache I'm familiar with.

"Your loss."She replies with a saucy wink and with a flip of her blond hair, she's darting into the masses of sweating, drunken bodies in the over populated neon and glowing club.

I take my head in my hands and breath in deeply, breath in her smile, her laugh that always seemed surprised and ripped out of her in a real way. Just like the way in which she was.

Why couldn't she love me? Am I that awful?

Did I say something wrong?

I should have never left her.

It's all my fault.

I hate this so much.

I miss you so much.

I breath it out.

I have to.