10. Misconception and Disconnection

10. Misconception and Disconnection(Now)
Cory's POV:

I'm at a place of nothing and everything again, a place so...blank...and forgotten; time is gone as is any sign of life. It makes my very bones cold and my soul shrivel into itself. But then I smile. I feel. I'm alive.

But of course I am, why wouldn't I be? I think, confused deeply. Then my eyes burn and the fear is back and ten times as worse. I cry hysterically, sinking to my knees, scared in an empty place and an empty a mind.

Calming down after a while of I'll-be-okay's, I walk, my pace long and languid, like the graceful way the water winds around things in its way, hushing once again together as they intertwine. My ears pick up nothing but silence making my hands twitch, clutching at not even air then hanging in defeat of finding and feeling nothing.

Where am I?

"No where...everywere...it depends on how you see the world little one" a voice hisses like the sensual caress of a tongue into my ear. I spin around, so fast I'm become dizzy.

Nothing. Nowhere. A blank slate.

"So" the voice has a grin in its voice "the real question is who are you" it demands flippantly.

Who am I?

I search my brain but the last thing I remember is the feeling of a kiss. A kiss goodbye.
I ponder over this, pick it clean of details. Warm lips slipping against like a dance, his hands clutching onto me then where I was. Then I remembered him. The only one I really love. And that's all it takes. I remember everything but none of it matters but him. I need him.

"Oh how cute" The voice drawls sickly sweetly, dripping venom. That's when it hits me.

I know that voice.