Chapter twenty-three- Carlisle's POV (Edited)

Carlisle's POV

"An an... angel,"Nathan spluttered.

"Does that mean that...?" Nellie was cut off by the noicest loudspeaker we had ever heard. I watched Jaxon's wings fold up into his back

"Attention! Attention! This announcement is important! The Leader, Melissa Jules, has declared that The Survival Games are over! The winning Hill and the Hill going to Galaxycrescent Forest next year to complete another Survival Game is Raininghill! The Television coverage will now be turned off. Again congratulations and see you next year!" The loudspeaker crackled and a hush fell over the forest until I spoke," Again, but they never mentioned that?!"

"Surprise!" Melissa said cheerfully appearing out of nowhere. She looked at me with a face that deserved to be punched, but thankfully I restrained myself by digging my nails into my palms. She looked down at my right hand where the light and dark blue swirl was

"And to think I didn't believe in soulmates before this," she murmured, taking my hand in hers and tracing the outline of the swirl. I pulled my hand away disgusted  she spoke again; her voice grating against my eardrums," You must have loved her very much." I glared at her and was about say something I would regret when, thankfully, Owen spoke," Leave her alone. You know they both loved each other tremendously. You on the other hand have probably never love anyone in your life. By the why when we spoke about choosing them for The Games this is not what we agreed! You said it was going be an experiment and then if they lived you would protect them afterwards. As it was Kayla death is in your hands. The Survival Games was your idea after all. For me it was an opportunity to bring them here, but. We. Had. A. Deal," By now Owen was centimeters away from her face. He looked so angry that I thought he was going to launch himself at her.

"Alright, step away from each other," Blu and the twins said together. Melissa slowly stepped back and appeared to be scared and devastated briefly. If I had blinked I would have missed it entirely.

"It was your idea to bring them here in the first place, Cam. I agreed because it was a good way for them to find out about their destiny of saving Heaven and being Demi-angels. Especially since Cooper ordered all those females to be killed. Kai, Carlisle's Mother, included of course," she said looking at me, but I could tell she was really talking to Owen, who I noticed she also called Cam. What was that about saving Heaven?

"Saving Heaven?" Nellie and I questioned horrified," From what?"

"The young demons or the immortals and the official Demons," Lucia said.

"So should we be 'getting' rid of you or be frightened of you or what?" I asked gesturing to Blu, Owen, Lucia and Celia.

Celia cackled like a witch holding her stomach as if I was hilarious. It was the sound that has haunted me for years to come. Lucia jabbed her in the ribs, which earned her a fierce glare.

"Well some immortals who live in the Underworld or the Earth," Melissa glanced at Owen who was staring at the ground and kicking the ground next to me," are actually good and some angel in Heaven or on Earth are atrocious."

"So am I one of the 'atrocious' ones?" Jaxon said making air quotations at the word atrocious.

"I don't know, you tell me," Melissa said.

At the same time Nellie and I said in perfect unison, which seemed to be happening a lot recently," Of course not! That is absurd." The Leader ignored us and motioned us to follow her. Shockingly we all looked at Owen for instructions. He nodded as we followed Melissa's lead. We gradually began to edge away from the dense forest to where we started a few weeks ago.