Chapter twelve- Carlisle's POV (Edited)

Chapter twelve

Carlisle's POV

I couldn't remember how long I had been on that cold dank floor. The last thing I remembered was trying to fly back to my friends after... My thoughts trailed off. What had happened? I couldn't remember anything after that. I tried to stand up, but I couldn't.

My head throbbed in pain and my vision was murky. I started to panic and continued to try and get up. All I could see was light in the distance. Other than that it was pitch black. It was silent and eerie in that place until I heard a clanging coming from behind me. It sounded like somebody was trying to break a wrought iron gate. At that point everything came flooding back to me fast flashing images in my mind. This time I managed, with wobbling feet, to stand up straight. I took a step towards the sound and collapsed while I yelped pathetically.

"Who's there?" cried a frightened voice.

"Kayla? Oh My God! What happened? Why are you here?"

"The evil twins betrayed us. They shut the door on me. They told us that if I were to go through the door of the Underworld their 'Daddy' would either switch us or keep us both. It was a 50-50 chance I guess. Why are you here? Were is the Ruler of Aingealworld?" She responded.

"Why would you do that?! You are so stupid why would you put yourself in danger like that?!" I exclaimed. By now I was feeling my way through the walls towards where I heard Kayla's voice.

I slammed into the tall grand gate making Kayla cry out in panic. I clasped onto the gate it's sharp spikes I hadn't noticed before digging into my tender skin.

"It's me!" I whispered.

"I'm sorry, but I wanted a chance to save you. The others tried to stop me, including the Dolangions." She said caringly.

"Thank you that means a lot of me," I replied.

"No Problem, but now we need to open this gate and run."

"But how?" We heard loud footsteps coming towards us.

"Hide. Now." I barked.

"Where?" She whispered.

"Oh I don't know! Just press yourself against the wall." Wordlessly I took her fingers in mine so that our arms were over the glistening wrought iron gate. The wall gave way and we fell into nothingness.

Falling, Falling, Falling, into an void of darkness.

We grabbed hold of each others wrists screaming.

"Wings!" I cried. Almost immediately I felt Kayla's wings brush against my face. She yelped as her wings threw her backwards like an old fashioned parachute. She flew next to me and waited patiently. I could hear her gulping air; a sign she was terrified just as I was. I commanded my wings to come out and hissed in agony as they pierced through my skin. Once I had shot up in the air and I winced in explosive pain I felt around in the dark for Kayla's hand and grabbed it. I could just feel the tip of her fiery wing as we descended farther and farther away from our friends, Galaxy-Crescent Forest, our homes and the Survival Games.

Our reality.

Gone. Gone. Gone.