Chapter thirteen- Carlisle's POV (Edited)

Chapter thirteen

Carlisle's POV

SLAM!

Since it was dark we kept on flying and misjudged where the ground would be so, stupidly, we dived down into the unknown. I landed on my side almost crushing my wings from the impact of my fall. Kayla landed on my thigh crashing her back on the floor. We heard and certainly felt the bones in our wings crack making us writhe in pain. Our ribs were also damaged, but our wings were nearly completely broken. Salty tears streamed down my cheek. I was hurting, I just found out I had wings, was heartbroken and the pain was unbelievable. They were ruined. I heard her sobbing and that's when I started to bawl. we tried to sit up, but fell back down again crashing our already sore ribs, wings and stiff legs.

"Let's try to sit up again and feel the walls to see how large this place really is." I suggested.

"Good idea," Kayla said. Both of us tentatively started to sit and gradually began to stand up pain creeping into every muscle, every bone and every inch of our bodies. We then slowly and painfully pulled our wings in our backs. Kayla hurt more than I did, if that was even possible because of her sliced and bruised back. We held hands and began walking. Once we had walked 15 paces we crashed into a rough wall. We placed our free hands on the wall and started to follow it by limping like old people. It curved around and as we walked we began to realize that we were in an enclosed enormous pitch black cylindrical room, well not a room exactly, but to this day I still don't know how to describe it. Suddenly, noise exploded around us causing us to scream in fright. Loud pounding sounds penetrated our ear drums.

"What the hell is that?!" Kayla shouted over the hammering noise. I could feel the vibrations in our prison. We were frightened and squeezed our hands. The pounding continued for some time and we continued to feel the wall to see if there were any doors or holes in the walls. Nothing. The pounding was getting louder and wailing sounds drilled into our skulls. It was still pitch black and we were still terrified. Out of nowhere liquid came rushing down from above surrounding us. The liquid began to rise frighteningly fast and the sounds echoed around us. What was going on?!

"Wings!" Kayla called as hers sprang out of her back causing her pain.

"You OK?" I whispered. She nodded. By then the sticky liquid was up to my thigh steadily rising. My wings spread out behind me almost tearing my back open, bones breaking, or that's what it felt like anyway. I flew up to Kayla. The liquid was pour down on top of us while flapped our wings trying to get the heavy substance off them. The liquid was heavy and smelled like blood, but we still couldn't see a thing.

"OK, let's fly up and see if we can somehow go through the wall we fell from." I shouted over the roar of the rushing liquid.

The pounding grew more intense as we flew up the cylindrical tower. The weight of the substance felt like it was seeping into our bones.

"Now let's try touching the walls and seeing if they will give way like last time." Kayla said once we had flown for a while. We turned to our right and touched the rough walls that were soaked. Not thinking straight after the days advents and being scared out of my mind I touch the sticky disgusting liquid. I put my finger to my mouth and tasted it gingerly.

It was fresh blood...