Chapter eighteen- Carlisle's POV (Edited)

Chapter eighteen

Carlisle's POV

The next morning I woke up surprised to see Helen sleeping on the bed next to me.

"Nellie," I asked as she told me she liked being called that," Wake up!" My voice cracked remembering that I said the same thing to Kayla when she died. I looked down at my right hand when I saw something blue out of the corner of my eyes. It had both light and dark blue swirls that covered the back of my hand. They glowed and had pink flecks, around the edges.

"Blu!" I cried making Helen jump up.

"Yes?" She said coming out of hers and Owen's room. I showed her my hand and she gasped as did Owen who came up behind her. Owen looked frightened, which was unusual

"So what does it mean?" I questioned confused not to mention worried.

"It means that your soulmate has died. You were destined to be together. This means," She gestured to my coloured ink tattoo," that you have a bit of her soul inside of you," She placed her hand over I heart and I shrank away quickly. A bit of Kayla's soul INSIDE me?

"Where is the rest of her soul?" Helen asked voicing my thoughts.

"Either in heaven or hell. Only immortals can regonize souls,"

"Regonize souls? asked Nathan who was listening to the conversation silently.

"So we can tell which soul is which and can sometimes see and talk to the souls,"

"The reason why the names are being carved into my skin is because Luce's and my love was cursed from the very beginning," Blu or Luce which seemed to be her middle name gripped his hand.

"In what sense?" asked Jaxon who, Like Nathan, was listening to their confusing soul sucking discussion.

"Well our Dad, Lucia's and Celia's Grandfather, who is still alive, lost nearly everyone he loved because they want to Earth and chose mortals instead. When Luce came along and we started dating or 'going out', whatever you kids call it these days," He paused and I fumed. Kids, really? "He was jealous and enraged. How dare both his sons find eternal love while was he was left alone? So he cursed us. He made Cooper so furious with his wife that he poisoned her. Lucia and Celia know about the curse, but they don't like to talk about it. He cursed me on stay on Earth forever so that if I even set foot into Aingealworld I will burn into flames. He also made bear the pain of those who died so that's why my arm is so scared. I have always had scares, but I hid them better than before because I wasn't as close as I am now to my world. Luce can't stay on Earth very long and can only come very five years. Cooper forces her to kill for him. I tampered with the Survival Games names by the way," By this time I felt sorry for both of them. Though I couldn't stop the constant image of her grinning and running to The Ruler after murdering my soulmate. I was angry with Owen for his selfishness for changing our lives for eternity.

"So how about we sit down and think about this for a while. In peace," I spat with an ear-splitting headache. We sat around an old table; I start sobbing quietly. The news I just receive about magic, curses and soulmates were just to much to handle. The image of Kayla's death was and still is ingrained in my mind forever haunting me. Nellie wrapped her arms around me tenderly. Blu Luce's hands and Owen Cam's hand interwined taking advantage of the short time they had together. They whispered sweet nothings in each other's ears until it made me want to hurl. It reminded me to much of Kayla and I ran to the bathroom slamming my chair down in the process. I heard them yell after me, but shut the rusty door and bolted it shut. sliding my back down against the door. I just lost it and bawled, mourning the deaths of my Mum, Holly and Kayla. I sobbed also because of the cursed souls and memories from Kayla's funeral and who I wouldn't have been there to see Holly's or Mum's funerals back home. Suddenly Lucia and Celia but through the door and I could hear them speaking," Grandpapa is looking for you!" Then she vanished.