♫ Chapter 11: Confronted

CHAPTER 11: CONFRONTED

I refused to leave my bed. Tissues were strewn all over my bed and the floor, a tub of boysenberry ice cream lying on my lap. I probably looked like a homeless person the street, my hair had not been brushed and flared around my face with tangles. There was large shadows under my eyes and my lips were dry and chapped. I only wore a large, grey shirt which was stained with ice cream and soft drink.

I furiously scooped the hard as rock ice cream that I'd just retrieved from the freezer until my wooden spoon was stuck.

Ugh. This could not be happening.

I twisted my arm around and tightly held onto the middle of the stem. I pulled and pulled and-

Snap.

I just broke my spoon handle. I groaned and laid back into my bed, my hands covering my swollen, red eyes. Oh gosh. I'd been crying all day and I'd finally stopped, I really didn't want to start to up again.

When I woke up this morning Kim Hyun Joong was gone and I was tucked into my bed sheets. I assumed when I fell asleep he took me to bed and left my apartment. All the things that happened last night kept running through my head.

A flaming, orange head...

Girlfriend... girlfriend...

He kissed someone who wasn't me...

'I don't need a man, I don't need a man.

What?

I don't need a man, I don't need a man.

Chin cha? (Really?)

I don't need a man, I don't need a man.

Jeong mal? (Really?)'

My new ring tone went off (I thought it suited what I believed) and I left it to ring since I really did not feel like talking to anyone right now. It stopped and a voice mail started going.

"Hey, Seo, it's me, Min Ah. I saw what happened last night and I know you'll be devastated. I think we should talk about over a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I know you won't want to talk, knowing you but I'm not taking no for an answer. Meet me at Starbucks in ten minutes, I'll be waiting."

There was a beep meaning that the voicemail had ended. Min Ah definitely knew me, I did not feel like going out, at all. But, I knew that I should, I had to get out of this place and do something before I break into tiny million pieces.

Feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and dirty I threw on my sweatpants and a hoody and tied my hair up into a messy ponytail. I slipped on my bug-eyed sunglasses to hide my swollen, red eyes and tugged my ugg boots onto my feet. I headed out of the door and to Starbucks.

Min Ah shot up straight out of her seat and stared at me as I walked over and sat myself down across from her. A instant coffee cup was already laid in front of me and I took a sip for the mocha cupacinno. Not even my favourite drink could wash my exasperation away.

"You look horrible," she shouted, bluntly. Yeah, compared to me, she looked fantastic. She wore ripped leggings, a baggy singlet top with a large cross on the front and small heeled anklet boots. Her short hair was crimped and her complexion was flawless.

"Yeah, thanks, much appreciated," I rolled my eyes and dropped my small handbag next to my legs.

"I'm serious, Seo. Are you going to be like this forever?" she sighed, heaving her shoulders and leant closer to me across the table.