Chapter 44

*Chapter 44*

Annabelle's POV:

"Yeah, she's fine." I wake up to Trent's voice. "She's just a little shooken up but yeah, that's definitely understandable. Yeah. Yeah okay."

Who is he talking to? "I'll tell her." He replied to the voice I don't hear. He must be on the phone.

"Okay. Yeah. I'll bring them over soon. Yes. Alright. Love you too, mum. Bye." He said and then I hear the beeping of his phone shutting off.

"Trent, you're so loud." I groaned. I roll over so my face is in smashed into the pillow my head was resting on.

"Sorry, love." He chuckled.

"What time is it?" My muffled voice asked.

"9:30am." He informid me. Why so damn early? Why would his mother call this early? God so help me.

"Why the hell would she call so early?" I groaned and lift my face out of the pillow.

"Because she was concerned about you and she wanted to know how you were holding up. She cares about you, Annabelle." He said, defensively.

"You don't need to get all defensive, Trent. It was just a question." I said tiredly. His eyes dark away from mine and his fists slightly tighten but soon loosen.

"Okay?" He replied dryly, but it comes out more as it it were a question. I roll my eyes and close them.

"Are you going to get up soon?" He asked. "We have children who are probably waiting for us in their room."

"I'm tired Trent. I barely got any sleep while I was stuck in that basement!" I said, growing angry with him.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to be in bed. I want you to be with me and our little miracles." He smiles a little.

"I know," I sighed and sit up.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower, care to join?"

"I need one too, so yes, I'd love to join." I smile.

"Decreasing the water bill, eh?" He gives me a wink.

"No funny business." I warned him.

"Yeah yeah." He laughed. I can tell he's fibbing.

"My mother nature has arrived for the week." I laughed. I stand onto my feet and follow him into the bathroom.

"What makes you think that will stop me?" He laughed as he helps me undress.

--

I just finished drying my hair and I clip my bangs back. I'm wearing some capris yoga pants with a light blue tight shirt.

Trent is with the kids, feeding them breakfast. Since he gets ready faster than I do, he insisted he do so. Good thing it's Saturday or else Hayley would have been late to school cause we totally forgot.

I take one last look in the mirror before walking out. I didn't even bother putting on any make up. Why try to cover these cuts and bruises? There's no way. Not even the best make up artist in the world could fix my face.

When I walk into the kitchen, I see my 4 babes. The twins, Hayes, and Tren. Trent winks at me. He's probably thinking about our shower. Oh my god, cheeky boy. I assure you, nothing happened in there! All we did was clean our bodies and maybe kiss a little. Or a lot. That basically what we did the whole time.

"Good morning." I greeted Hayley. She smiles up at me.

"Good morning." She replied. That reminds me.